Car Insurance

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

Car Insurance

Post by Thermite Man »

What do you pay per month/6month? who is it with? How is the coverage?

I am trying to figure out why everywhere I look it costs 300+/month when I have one ticket on my record and my car is paid for totally. It just seems so ridiculous.

I could understand if it were a brand new car and I need total coverage.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Re: Car Insurance

Post by PhaseDMA »

Does CA require insurance?

I suppose you could get quotes and then use those quotes to try and get a better price from the other place. Insurance companies are always saying how "People that switched from "Insurance company A" to us saved on average 15%" - Well duh. That's why people switch... To save money...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

Yes CA requires insurance. they will cancel your registration if you don't carry the minimums.

Thermite -- Plasma has esurance. no accidents/tickets on his record, and he pays about $50/mo (for a trans am).

We've never had to use it, so I don't know how they are with coverage/claims. We just carry the minimums, and only liability.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

esurance wants 500+/mo... So, ya...not going to happen.
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

We just switched from Liberty Mutual to Progressive and saved a bundle, with equivalent coverage. I don't know the numbers, though. I can ask the boss later and report back.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

[quote="Thermite Man"]esurance wants 500+/mo... So, ya...not going to happen.[/quote]

I don't understand how the price difference can be so great with only one accident...that's crazy! You're still in your early 20s tho, right? Maybe they still charge a lot for young male drivers.
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

That's what I am thinking. Waiting for 25 to roll around. I hear the price drops dramatically after that. Until then I will stay with my parents plan at 230/mo
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Hubby and I pay around $1000 a year for the two of us... could go down another 30% if we drive safely enough with their big brother computer hooked to the car.

I think, as a man, you get a break if you get married or when you turn 25/26, too. Marc had crazy rates compared to me before we got married due to one minor accident... I think it dropped when we got married, and then again after a certain amount of time passed.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Ya my accident was in 07 and I have an illegal u-turn ticket from about 15 months ago, I did traffic school and was told it got dropped from my record or something. I might look at quotes and not put the accident in and see the difference.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

Don't they ask for accidents only within the last 2 years or something? I seem to remember it being a shorter timeframe than 4 yrs...
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle