Cell Phone

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

Re: Cell Phone

Post by Thermite Man »

My main reason to root is for wireless tether basically.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I've been putting off rooting since I got the phone. I actually went to my computer planning to do it a few times then someone called me to do something or I forgot I had some school work to do.

Everyone tells me "just spend some time and read around xda-developers.com". I have better things to do then spend several hours looking around a forum. Maybe that's why I've been putting it off, I don't know.

I guess I like my stock Incredible enough to just keep how is until I find a straight download this, unzip here, reset phone, unplug, done.

On second thought, I'm sure there is something out there. I'll look later.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=cokalsM]Everyone tells me "just spend some time and read around xda-developers.com". I have better things to do then spend several hours looking around a forum. Maybe that's why I've been putting it off, I don't know.[/quote]

So true. I was SO confused how to get started with rooting because there were like 400 guides and methods and not everyone was consistent. Then I just read one that sounded good and gave it a shot. Now I know how it all works.

PS - Stock Incredible. I HATE that giant ass flip clock. Soooo shitty. And the phone buttons on the bottom look like ass. I hate Sense.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

I'm also too overwhelmed by the plethora of information to try anything. If someone were to give me a link and say this is what you should do, here are the things you need - I'd be more inclined to try, I think. Searching it out myself is too much.

[quote]I HATE that giant ass flip clock. Soooo shitty. And the phone buttons on the bottom look like ass. I hate Sense.
[/quote]

Haha. I like the big clock. I downloaded a widget onto my D1 for it.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Jenna]I'm also too overwhelmed by the plethora of information to try anything. If someone were to give me a link and say this is what you should do, here are the things you need - I'd be more inclined to try, I think. Searching it out myself is too much.

[quote]I HATE that giant ass flip clock. Soooo shitty. And the phone buttons on the bottom look like ass. I hate Sense.
[/quote]

Haha. I like the big clock. I downloaded a widget onto my D1 for it.[/quote]

QFT
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Jenna]I'm also too overwhelmed by the plethora of information to try anything. If someone were to give me a link and say this is what you should do, here are the things you need - I'd be more inclined to try, I think. Searching it out myself is too much.

[/quote]

Haha. I like the big clock. I downloaded a widget onto my D1 for it.[/quote]

QFT[/quote]

I ditched the big clock soon after I got the phone. It took up half the home screen just to tell me the time.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

This is what I did (had FRG22 at the time. Now FRG83D is out but it should still work):
1) Rooted with this method: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/09/ho ... -2-frg22d/
2) Installed ROM Manager and flashed SPRecovery
3) Flashed this new ROM (didn't wipe data although it is highly recommended): http://code.google.com/p/metickone/down ... p&can=2&q=

(FRG83G is out. I didn't update yet.)

I am not 100% sure, but I really don't think you need to do steps 1 and 2 anymore. If you just flash the rom with the normal recovery, put the rom on your SD card, rename it update.zip and boot while holding the X key, then flash,
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Rom Manager + ClockworkMod + Cyanogen Mod = Pure Win
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

And port meant

Code: Select all

http://code.google.com/p/metickone/downloads/detail?name=FRG83D-Odexed-m1-v2.zip&can=2&q=
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=PhaseDMA]Rom Manager + ClockworkMod + Cyanogen Mod = Pure Win[/quote]

So true.

Phase, what version of CM are you running? I'm running 7RC2. Are you having any issues with 4G or GPS?