Cell Phone

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

Re: Cell Phone

Post by Thermite Man »

Any suggestions on hacking the droid 1, I have been wanting to root mine for a while now.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

I dislike Sense as well. I'm running ADW with a few hours spent on customizations. Screenshot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Root and use Cyanogen. Done and done.

Do NOT get the Thunderbolt. Especially if you have patience. The Thunderbolt is a rip off of the EVO. This would be fine except for one major problem - The EVO is being replaced in June by a 1.2 ghz dual core processor. This is crappy when The Thunderbolt isn't even a dual core. As such you have to know that if you don't wait, Verizon will get a phone that will crush it in 4~ months.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
y0bailey

Post by y0bailey »

[quote="Thermite Man"]Any suggestions on hacking the droid 1, I have been wanting to root mine for a while now.[/quote]

I have my D1 rooted. It is glorious. I may never trade it in. I learned most of my things from phandroid.com or droid-forums.net. They have rooting guides.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

y0, so true. The D1 is so hackable I don't care that mine is so warn out, the keyboard doesnt slide closed tightly anymore and the hardware is slow. The way I have it modded is legit and I think I'd be disappointed with stock any other new phone

Thermite, hacking the Droid 1 is SO easy. I initially rooted mine with the rageagainstthecage exploit, which consisted of downloading some files and using adb (android sdk) to push commands and files over. It worked. It was rooted and I had the stock rom and recovery... Then Verizon released FRG83D which is froyo 2.2.1, and my phone wouldn't update because the checksum didn't match since I deleted locked verizon junkware (visual voicemail, amazon mp3) - shit they dont let you delete.

No big deal. Enter the world of MetickMod: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/104654-metickmod-frg83d-froyo-2-2-1-a.html

MATT What the fuck?! Why is my URL getting replaced with my username? Here's the same link, but bit.ly: http://bit.ly/hlZVuV

All I did was download his rom, renamed it update.zip and flashed the update manually. Bam! Rooted. Plus the custom rom is legit. It's the stock rom, minus the bloat, plus it has the gingerbread keyboard. I even flashed the gingerbread theme.

If this doesn't work, root how I did it: I rooted, then installed ROM manager, then flashed SPRecovery, then I was able to flash the ROM without naming it update.zip
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I was going to say that lots of phones are easily rooted.

Then I remembered you guys are on Verizon with no top of the line HTC phone and/or Nexus phone..
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

You guys are making me want to do something to my D1, now. I've plodded along all this time with the stock installs...
Matt

Post by Matt »

[quote=Portfolioso]MATT What the fuck?! Why is my URL getting replaced with my username? Here's the same link, but bit.ly: http://bit.ly/hlZVuV[/quote]
There was a [quote]/ m e[/quote] in the url. Thats funny.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Jenna]You guys are making me want to do something to my D1, now. I've plodded along all this time with the stock installs...[/quote]

I actually wouldn't. I can honestly say that rom was the most stable tom I have ever used in my life. Dumb phones included.

That phone with that rom stayed up for like 115 days before it finally turned off - Not because it finally gave out, but because I no longer using it and as such was not keeping it charged.
y0bailey

Post by y0bailey »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Jenna]You guys are making me want to do something to my D1, now. I've plodded along all this time with the stock installs...[/quote]

I actually wouldn't. I can honestly say that rom was the most stable tom I have ever used in my life. Dumb phones included.

That phone with that rom stayed up for like 115 days before it finally turned off - Not because it finally gave out, but because I no longer using it and as such was not keeping it charged.[/quote]

LIES. Root away. You can easily install a stock FROYO rom, but give yourself the ability to install custom kernels (overclocking...I am on an ultra low voltage 1.0ghz rom now (up from 600mhz). Longer battery life and faster at the same time. Plus wireless tether is cool.