Moderator: Moderators

Jenna

Re: New Comedy?

Post by Jenna »

Am I about to witness a domestic?
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

They probably ran off and had angry sex.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Awesome.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=PhaseDMA]As far as Dexter goes.... I down right refuse to watch that show. I don't care if it is the very best show ever to air on TV. The entire concept of the show pisses me off. The only vigilante I like is Batman, and he doesn't go around freaking killing people, and he sure as hell doesn't go around killing people because he gets a adrenalin rush from it.[/quote]

I've tried to watch Dexter and just can't bring myself to watch more than a few episodes. Just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Right now I'm about to finish up That '70s Show. Not sure what I'm going to move to next. There are always the standbys - 30 Rock and The Office. I do need to give Arrested Development a chance, maybe I'll move to that next.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Couldn't get into Arrested Development. That doesn't mean it's bad.

There are a bunch of shows I tried once, and couldn't get into and then gave them a second chance 6+ months later and loved.

The Sopranos, and ER come directly to mind as examples.

I should really give Arrested Development another try, but at the same time I'm not into cult things as a rule.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
greydaze26

Post by greydaze26 »

Only show I watch with any regularity is Bones... and since we don't have cable or the stupid antenna box (and haven't bought an antenna for the downstairs tv yet)... I don't watch much TV period... I go back and watch stuff on netflix instead to pass the time. Trying to get some more good shows to watch on that since I seem to keep going back to the same ones ive seen numerous numerous times, the paranormal ones, or watching old animes I haven't seen in a while.

Sarah, is True Blood that good? For some reason that show (even though I have yet to watch an ep) didn't really seem to appeal to me... which should be kinda surprising.
plasma2002 wrote:*waits for anth to get destroyed by the angry fist of maeg*
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

[quote=plasma2002]oh shut up. this really gets on my nerves, cause thats what EVERY FREAKIN PERSON who watches it says. fucking guh. This is the exact thing that the producers wanted to instill in people. They wanted their characters to relate to lots of people and make those people think that they have the mind of a serial killer. open your eyes. this is marketing. you do not have a dark personality, and most of the other dexter fans who say they do dont either.

fuck.[/quote]

don't talk to me like you know me.

what i said has nothing to do with dexter, or marketing. I don't care what you think. I've always felt I have a darker personality (long before dexter) - because I've always been intrigued by death, etc. But that's not the point. I don't think I have the mind of a serial killer. The show appeals to me because its about a man's struggle to cope with his true personality and secrets. Everyone has a bit of darkness within them to some extent which they hide from society because many of the things which intrigue people are socially unacceptable. Dexter's case is an extreme, but the reason the show is highly popular is because on some level, everyone CAN relate to trying to cope with some sort of personality trait or interest which is socially unacceptable. Not because the producers have convinced people they think like a serial killer. All shows become popular because of the audience's ability to relate to a character.

[quote=greydaze26]Sarah, is True Blood that good? For some reason that show (even though I have yet to watch an ep) didn't really seem to appeal to me... which should be kinda surprising.[/quote]

I liked the first season. Second season got a little weird with too many story lines and various TYPES of characters going on with various special abilities. I haven't seen the third season yet. I like it enough to keep watching it, but it doesnt beat bones/house/dexter.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
greydaze26

Post by greydaze26 »

Guess I'll look for it and check it out if its on netflix. Might check out Dexter too... although I don't think that one really appealed to me either.
plasma2002 wrote:*waits for anth to get destroyed by the angry fist of maeg*