Osama is dead...

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Re: Osama is dead...

Post by PhaseDMA »

LA isn't a small city.

And Al-Qaeda is a freaking joke.

Just about any dumb ass could have hijacked a plane on September 11th 2001. I mean box cutters? Come on.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

They've got motivation. Determined people with a sense of nothing to lose aren't really a joke. Especially, when an attack of revenge is likely imminent.
A dumb ass with a plan to murder somebody: not quite a joke in my book. One with a plan to murder thousands of somebodies: even less of a joke. But to each his own, no?

Didn't someone try to bomb LA in 24 one day?
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote=bigcfk]They've got motivation. Determined people with a sense of nothing to lose aren't really a joke. Especially, when an attack of revenge is likely imminent.[/quote]

i agree. sometimes it's easy to forget that physical strength/power can only go as far as one's mental strength.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

[quote=PhaseDMA]LA isn't a small city.[/quote]

http://www.eflnet.com/tutorials/adjcompsup.php

Smaller. Not small.

[quote=bigcfk]Especially, when an attack of revenge is likely imminent.[/quote]

Unfortunately, this.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Here let me try this again. In no context is LA a small city. Especially not in Al-Qaeda's context.

And Al-Qaeda can't pull off a attack with Bin Laden. Why on earth would they be able to pull off a attack with out their master mind, with increased security for the next several months? Al-Qaeda is a broken down joke. This is why Bin Laden was found. Even the Taliban is starting to question their support of them because of the way they are getting crushed in Afghanistan.

I hate paranoid people. I hate paranoid people that have been made paranoid by the enemy even more. Get a freaking grip.

This is the United States of America - The safest country in the world. Because we take threats to our country very serious. Even when those threats are completely bogus and hold no merit. "I'm going to attack America because you killed my leader". Wow. With what? Psychokinesis? Please.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote]Why on earth would they be able to pull off an attack without their master mind?[/quote]

... you think Osama bin Laden is the mastermind of Al Qaeda? is this true?
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Wotcher][quote]Why on earth would they be able to pull off an attack without their master mind?[/quote]

... you think Osama bin Laden is the mastermind of Al Qaeda? is this true?[/quote]

I don't think Al-Qaeda has a master mind. Not last month. Not today. Not ever.

But whatever you want to call it. I suppose it depends on how you define it. But yes - I do think Bin Laden controlled things in the same manner our Presidents control things.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I took it as, "Even though New York City is the most populated city in the US and has the potential for the most casualties, let's hit elsewhere." I see your point though.

I'm not sure if it was directed at me, but I am definitely not paranoid. I never once "worry" that an attack will happen.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

Why can't AQ attack without Bin Laden?
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

To answer that you probably should answer the question "Why can't Al-Qaeda attack with Bin Laden?".

Among other things the answer might be "Because the US takes threats very serious, and is constantly protecting against them, while trying to prevent terroristic activity before it can even be thought up".