My internet connection is messing up webpages?

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

My internet connection is messing up webpages?

Post by PhaseDMA »

Okay this is the strangest thing I probably have ever run across.

My internet connection is messing up the way that Google Reader displays.

First of all this is a problem limited to Chrome. When I try to view it in Firefox it is fine (It doesn't do it in IE either).

So really the messed up display thing isn't really strange. We all know browsers can do wacky things. What is strange is two fold. First of all it worked fine before I formated my computer. But second of all? ***IF I USE MY PHONES HOTSPOT IT DISPLAYS CORRECTLY***.

So my internet connection (both of which are wireless) is causing a webpage to display wrong? How is that even possible? Especially since it is consistent, only effects one sub domain, and only one browser.

I would love ideas on A) What the issue is B) How to fix it.

Here is a screenshot - Image
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
plasma2002

Re: My internet connection is messing up webpages?

Post by plasma2002 »

the first thing that comes to my mind is differences in DNS records on your two ISPs (home and cell/wireless)

One of the records that your home isp/dns host is providing might be old or broken, and that record may be needed for a certain stylesheet, without which you would be seeing a page break.

You could confirm/reject this by running "ipconfig /displaydns" during both working and non-working configurations, and then comparing results, but depending on your dns cache, you may need an external comparing program to help you see anything useful.

If it DOES turn out to be a DNS problem, I would recommend switching to 3rd party (not ISP provided) DNS hosts. A couple good ones are Google DNS, and OpenDNS, both super easy to use.
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
PhaseDMA

Re: My internet connection is messing up webpages?

Post by PhaseDMA »

Using OpenDNS and I'm having the same problem still.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||