XBox Headsets

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenna

XBox Headsets

Post by Jenna »

My googling as turned up nothing, maybe your experiences can help.

Husband has a paid Xbox Live account, uses it often. I occasionally play Call of Duty online with him, in private rooms with friends/family. Definitely not worth me having my own paid account.

We have two wired headsets, but have never been able to use them both simultaneously while we play. I'm reduced to shouting smack towards Marc's microphone, while he relays some part of the shared conversations back to me.

Does anyone know of a way we can both participate in chats while playing? An audio cord splitter or some setting we're missing? We've also tried making me an unpaid Live account, but we can't sign into both at once to play online. I have to be guest.
cokalsM

Re: XBox Headsets

Post by cokalsM »

I'd imagine a splitter would work. Although I've never tried it, I don't see why it wouldn't.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... m+splitter

Worth a shot for $3.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

Do you have a Kinect? The Kinect will work in place of a headset, but will pick up the entire room.

Pricier, but there are other uses for it as well.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

The Kinect is such a gimmick.

I have yet to find a use for it that I would like to use all the time. I have however found many uses that are required to play a game and I hate.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

No Kinect yet, but we've been considering one... That's one more check in the pro column.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=PhaseDMA]The Kinect is such a gimmick.

I have yet to find a use for it that I would like to use all the time. I have however found many uses that are required to play a game and I hate.[/quote]
A lot of people said the same thing about the Wii. I don't have a Kinect, but there are some aspects of it that are neat. I can't justify getting one though. The games aren't the sort of thing that I feel I would enjoy.

Some of the things people have used the Kinect for (besides with the Xbox) are pretty cool. 3D conference calls and whatnot.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

The Wii has it's own problems, but the Kinect mostly multiples the problems.

The largest one of course is I don't want to HAVE to be jumping up and down to play a game.

The other problem I have is I seem to be to tall for it.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy playing it, but would I spend $100 on it? No way.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
ryn

Post by ryn »

The Kinect is awesome for parties. It got way more action than the Wii at our house warming. It sucks in small rooms though, you need at least 10' from the sensor to you, more for 2 or more players.
It's good for shit talking, as everyone in the room can, but also a pain to mute quickly. My wife was talking and told me Dinner was ready one day, and that gave all the kids all kinds of ammunition for insults.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=ryn]My wife was talking and told me Dinner was ready one day, and that gave all the kids all kinds of ammunition for insults.[/quote] :likesthis:
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

[quote=PhaseDMA]The Kinect is such a gimmick.

I have yet to find a use for it that I would like to use all the time. I have however found many uses that are required to play a game and I hate.[/quote]

I dont own an XBox, but plan on buying a Kinect.

Why? Because for robotics, its pretty much.... well.... epic.

It really is the trifecta of robot vision, giving sight, hearing, and 3D spacial awareness of surroundings.

If i have the time, I will be adding it to my ceiling-hanging robotic avatar of my house's butler, so he can start detecting how close he is to people, start having "face-to-face" talks, recognize obstacles in rooms that arent normally there, and easily sense objects that need to be manipulated (aka a glass of water)
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.