New Laptop

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

ryn

New Laptop

Post by ryn »

So I started back at school, and realized that apparently my professors keep everything online. Just having a desktop would make it difficult to keep up. I had wanted a Samsung Chronos for a while, and with the release of the 3rd gen i7's I figured I could get a deal. I bought this one http://www.compusa.com/applications/Sea ... CatId=4965

And realized it's missing Express Cache, bluetooth and the backlit keyboard. It's perfectly fine otherwise. I REALLY want a backlit keyboard. Anyone think I can buy one from any of the other series 7 models and it would work? I have a hard time finding replacement parts aside from LCD's, Where would I look? I did find one keyboard/touchpad/palmrest for about 125 shipped. so that would put me at about $800 and happy till SSD prices comedown a little more.

If I drop to an older i5 i can get the Express Cache and backlit keyboard and 1gb gfx for 800, is it worth it to lose the i7

Or is the 3rd gen i7 with express cache, more ram, more hdd, better video card (1g nVidia vs 512 ATI) worth the 450 extra?

Also as a refrub I only have 90 day warranty...

I think this was a Best Buy exclusive as it has bestbuy crap installed...
PhaseDMA

Re: New Laptop

Post by PhaseDMA »

Depends on how much you want that backlit keyboard.

Specifically what are the two processors? I've been using this website while picking pieces for my computer, and I like it a lot - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Specifically I look at the basic ratings based on the benchmark, and then compare it to the value rating.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||