IM Client?

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

IM Client?

Post by PhaseDMA »

So what is the best IM client these days?

Digsby has not been able to keep me on Google Talk for some reason for a long time now, and I'm starting to get fed up.

Suggestions?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Wotcher

Re: IM Client?

Post by Wotcher »

my company uses Pidgin, i think it's the current standard for multiprotocol IM.

i personally prefer Trillian, you can customize the buddylist/IM windows to be way slimmer than pidgin. also i have a weird bias against "The Linux Look And Feel." Pidgin looks/feels like a linux app with its icon style and layout...

as for digsby, fuck digsby so hard for trying to sneak Shitware onto my computer

... out of curiosity, show of hands, who still uses AOL's AIM client with m_m? =P
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

I use pidgin. Haven't really used anything else in a very long time.

As for AIM... I don't even sign in anymore.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

I don't think I've signed into AIM in years. Facebook has made it obsolete for me.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

same. aim just has no use anymore.

if i want to chat, I just log into facebook and click a "buddy" name and just start typing. fbchat holds the message for them until they log in, it forwards to cell phones, it forwards to ios apps, probably android too..... almost everyone I would ever want to chat with is on either facebook or google, so its pretty much covered
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

yeah but, in five years, ten years... i'm confident my facebook account will have been perm deleted.

they all have their uses: AIM is a great quickie, disposable, non-identifying way to chat; Gchat integrates well with email and important/sensitive information; facebook is necessary for large events, connecting to new people, and catching up.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

Text messages ftw?
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle