advertisement's in buddy list

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

[quote=Wotcher]Well, then, cokals is full of shit I suppose... maybe all his friends use M_M. I dunnoooo

But if you're right, deeesseee, then that means meebo reads your profile off of your computer, cause I just logged off of AIM and then signed onto Meebo, and my profile was the same as AIM's (and I never customized it for meebo)... which uh is impossible because firefox doesn't have the ability to do that, does it? Weird.[/quote]

No.

If SCREENAME123 unchecks the box, which removes the ads, then it will no longer have the ad in their profile.
But SCREENAME4567 signs on at that same computer, and having not unchecked the box yet (but it's still unchecked for SCREENAME123 on that computer), will still have the ads.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

...So what's the problem, silly? If it's just appended to their profiles on those isolated incidents when they happen to log on at your house, what do they care?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Regarding profiles, I discovered something last night on the AIM Developer message boards: profiles are now stored server-side. The newest version of AIM 6 will ignore your client-side profile and simply use your server-side one, but older versions of AIM will overwrite your profile with your client-side one at signon.

EDIT:
[quote]By the way, there have been a number of comments about changes in our profile methods. We now store profiles on the host. That means if you have multiple clients running, host will ignore some of those clients locally saved profiles. It creates the inverse of the issue it fixed, where if you had multiple clients with different saved profiles, the last logged in overwrote the current profile. It’s an improvement, but I understand some of the complaints.[/quote]