Can't send directories over AIM

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

Hyperslurpie

Can't send directories over AIM

Post by Hyperslurpie »

Has anyone had a similar problem where you are unable to send directories over AIM? For some reason I can send files, but not directories. If anyone knows how to solve this problem could you please let me know? Thanks.
Jason

Post by Jason »

The only way I know to do it is to use the file transfer stub: Right-click the folder and go to Send To -> AIM Buddy
Hyperslurpie

Post by Hyperslurpie »

[quote="just dnL"]The only way I know to do it is to use the file transfer stub: Right-click the folder and go to Send To -> AIM Buddy[/quote]

Hmmm, I just tried that, but I still got the same error. :(
Jason

Post by Jason »

What was the error?
Hyperslurpie

Post by Hyperslurpie »

"...is not available for File Transfer or does not support the File Transfer feature."

And then in a separate IM window:
"Your buddy cannot receive transfers of directories (folders). You could create and send a zip archive of the directory before sharing, or share each file in the directory individually."

But I know for sure that they CAN receive directories, because I've sent them plenty before.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Have you tried without middle_man?
Hyperslurpie

Post by Hyperslurpie »

Er, I don't really know how to do that.
Hyperslurpie

Post by Hyperslurpie »

I uninstalled and re-installed middle_man, and then it worked for a little bit, but then when I tried again earlier, it didn't work again.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Hyperslurpie]I uninstalled and re-installed middle_man, and then it worked for a little bit, but then when I tried again earlier, it didn't work again.[/quote]did you try it with m_m completely uninstalled?
Hyperslurpie

Post by Hyperslurpie »

[quote=Quirk][quote=Hyperslurpie]I uninstalled and re-installed middle_man, and then it worked for a little bit, but then when I tried again earlier, it didn't work again.[/quote]did you try it with m_m completely uninstalled?[/quote]

Yes. This problem of directories seems to work both ways, as I can't send nor receive folders from anyone. :(