Logs appear in Log viewer but not in my log folder...

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

GT47 Supra

Logs appear in Log viewer but not in my log folder...

Post by GT47 Supra »

i open up my log viewer and everything seems normal, looks fine. But when i head over to my log folder on my hard drive, nothing is there! It's very strange, any help would be appreciated! :D
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Either the files are marked as hidden, or your just not looking where they are.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
GT47 Supra

Post by GT47 Supra »

do you know how I would be able to un-hide them?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Windows wouldn't hide the files unless you manually changed the attributes to hidden, which I doubt you have done.

Did you change your logging path at some point? This is an odd issue, because all files are stored locally and are grabbed from the folder, so they really should be there.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Are you using Vista?

For whatever reason, I am using vista and I can't find the hardcopy of my logs. It boggles my mind, as it does Harry's and Johns.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
GT47 Supra

Post by GT47 Supra »

yes i am using Vista. I have since changed my default log folder to my documents and the new logs show up fine, but i would still like to find my old copies.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

if you UPGRADED to Vista.... check in the windows.old folder....

if that doesnt work, just do a disk search for a screenname you know that youve talked to.... it will find any files it can with that screenname in it... in this case, your log files
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
GT47 Supra

Post by GT47 Supra »

i've tried but its as if the logs were never saved, yet it shows up in the middleman log viewer.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Matt you have Vista, get on this!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Dude this boggles me too. I have NO idea what is up with it. I have to do more research on how m_m stores logs and why vista can't find them.

I think what I should do is like load linux and read the windows partition and see if I can see them there. Because they HAVE to be there. The log viewer can read them. But we can't find them. It's very weird.

If someone could find some info on how file structures differ between XP and Vista, that may help...
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot