middle man half functional

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

troll

middle man half functional

Post by troll »

my middle man (beta 3) is broken.

out of nowhere, my ads were all of a sudden there. i haddent made any changes to the aim install folder, nor the middle man folder, didnt touch the registry nor any settings within aim or middle man even. so, i saw the ads and thought, well, lets reinstall middle man.

so i reinstalled middleman to no avail. i completely uninstalled both middle man + aim (the version which is listed on the downloads page). after doing this, i am able to now see the middle man menu from "My AIM," however none of the features are functional. I also do not see the MW logo at the AIM startup logo anymore. It sounds like a corrupt file of some sort, but I've manually purged the program files of any remnants of middle man and AIM.

what do you guys think? purging the registry of any hints of middleman and aim and then reinstalling? anyone ever hear of this nonsense?

;/

correction: middle man will semi-remove the bottom aim buttons. by semi i mean, it still lets me see the arrow for dropping down the buttons, but it is only half visable.

sigh
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

This is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, therefore I grant you full permission to ignore, but just saying, I doubt you're gonna get much respect with a username like that.
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]
Jason

Post by Jason »

Did you install any other AIM add-ons and/or enhancements? Did you recently install any sort of security software such as AOL security? Did you recently install/uninstall any other software? Are you using WindowBlinds, and, if so, were you prior to this incident?
troll

Post by troll »

deeeseeee(se) : thank you for your input. it was greatly appreciated and i will most definitely take into account that you must have nothing better to do but take some of your (un)precious time to criticize my user name. i also thank you sincerely for granting me permission to ignore your message, but since i was looking for feedback to a problem, it was a bit hard to. since you have nothing that is of help except for informing me of respect that i will be lacking on an internet board, you can..... use your imagination.

found the issue. looks like i had mm2 running on the system instead of 3. however that doesnt explain the program not working initially, but i am glad to be back with middle man :)

thanks
Jason

Post by Jason »

Your Middle_Man settings are stored in the Windows Registry in the following key:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\middle_man
[quote=troll]deeeseeee(se) : thank you for your input. it was greatly appreciated and i will most definitely take into account that you must have nothing better to do but take some of your (un)precious time to criticize my user name...[/quote]
I wouldn't go attacking a respected forum member simply because they wanted to point out the irony of your username; prior to reading your post, I myself saw it and the title of your topic and thought to myself that perhaps an administrator changed your username to 'troll' for being a troll. I do realize, though, that isn't the case.

EDIT: Glad to see your problem was resolved.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

last time i had a half functional program, i just installed another copy. that one only half worked too, but hey, problem solved ;)
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote="just dnL"]I wouldn't go attacking a respected forum member simply because they wanted to point out the irony of your username[/quote]

DEEESSEEE AIN'T NO RESPE'TED MEMBER YO HE OWES ME 20 BUX.
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold on.

Your mom already owes me $20 for my services, so let's just call it even okay?
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]