Traffic Status

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Traffic Status

Post by PhaseDMA »

Have you ever looked at the traffic status and saw red or yellow where there clearly shouldn't be?

Traffic cameras help confirm this oddity at like 4am when a area is red, but there is literally no traffic.

Use this site for reference (you have to turn on the "traffic speed"). http://www.trafficland.com/city/ROC/camera/6346/

BTW - Having driven down the road with really bad weather that changes quickly while looking at my phone, using GPS it works very well. When traffic becomes better you pretty much leave the red/yellow 10 seconds later. Something about the night just screws it up.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Matt

Re: Traffic Status

Post by Matt »

Hint: Go to maps.google.com, type in "Rochester NY" and click "Traffic"
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Ya, but then you can't look at the cams that clearly show (at certain times) the traffic data is bogus.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Matt

Post by Matt »

Ah, that's a nifty feature
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Traffic/incident reports come in from a multitude of different places, so theres a whole bunch of places of potential failure. All it takes is some jackass to call into a radio station to tell them about some traffic at X/Y, then the radio station puts it on their public announcements, then those get picked up by the transportation agency, then those get propagated to the internet, ad infinitum
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.