Motorola Xoom

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

cokalsM

Re: Motorola Xoom

Post by cokalsM »

Those are some good points.

However, the way I see it is, the tablet market is wide open. The iPad has been relatively successful but assuming tablets aren't just another fad that'll fade away in a few years, the devices are still very early in their market history, obviously.

I just think Google should want to capture the market before the Apple does, instead of playing catch up like with the iPhone. What I fear (I use that word lightly) is that the iPad and/or iPad 2 become too popular before more Android-powered devices are released, and then it's deja vu.

That being said, there is no point flooding the market with Android tablets if they are buggy and a month really isn't that long.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Except Android has caught and exceeded iOS. The long term picture looks like Windows Vs OS X. First to market does not mean control of the market.

I say the market will be shared between Android and iOS in all their respective markets.

And realize - RIM wants their PlayBook tablet to run Android apps much sooner rather then later.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Matt

Post by Matt »

So a guy at my work got a XOOM. He showed it to me today. My first reaction -- "wow, thats not big at all." I felt it was quite small. I didn't really see anything awesome about it, until he opened a game he is playing (I have no idea what the game is called). I'm not sure why, but you can really see the full potential of a device based on the games it can play. It looks freakin' awesome! He didnt want to play games at work, so I only saw about 30 seconds of it. But I was impressed.

Going back to the fact the screen was small -- I realize they want it portable -- but $800 is a large amount of money to put out for something of that size.

He said that he got the non-contract version and whenever he wants to get online he just uses his phone and creates a little hot spot. That sounds like the way to go, especially if you have a phone that can handle that. Unfortunately my iPhone doesn't -- unless I purchase the jailbroken myWi app.

So bottom line. I would love to own one. But I can't justify that purchase.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

It's just like a TV. If your going to sit 3 feet from the screen you don't need (nor should you want) a 60" TV.

With tablets you hold them to your face. You don't sit back a foot from them.

I heard somewhere that having a large screen cell phone is like looking at a 32" TV from 4 feet back.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I went looking around for tablets yesterday...

Best Buy only had the iPad and the Galaxy Tab. They had the Archos but it was a fake model, not the real thing. My girlfriend loved the Galaxy Tab and put down the iPad after a few minutes and said no thanks. Even though I saw the Xoom in a Best Buy catalog, I asked someone if they had the Xoom that we could see and he told us no.

Office Depot had the sign and price for the Archos and G-Tab, but they were not there.

I guess we'll just stay put for now.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]