Cell Phone

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Re: Cell Phone

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Quirk]

[quote=PhaseDMA]HTC phones got the Netflix app[/quote] Shitty thing though is that it appears to only work when connected to WiFi. I really want to abuse my unlimited data plan even more.[/quote]

I can use it with just my data connection.

/me double checks.

Yep. Just fine with 3G.

[quote=PhaseDMA]And all carriers charge to tether[/quote]There are ways around that.

Right. But out of the box the only way you are going to get free tethering is with a ADP.

[quote=Quirk]Also, Phase, I appear to have GPS working on CM7.0.3.1. It didn't want to work right away, but running GPS Status ([/url]https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result[/url]) to download A-GPS data seemed to do the trick.[/quote]

Funny. I couldn't get it to work with 7.0.3.1, however I'm using the latest nightly right now and it works. Now only if I could get 4G to work, which doesn't want to turn on - Even though it was supposed to work in the stable version a couple of releases ago. Oh well. I have not used 4G in a long time - I can wait pretty much forever.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Quirk]

[quote=PhaseDMA]HTC phones got the Netflix app[/quote] Shitty thing though is that it appears to only work when connected to WiFi. I really want to abuse my unlimited data plan even more.[/quote][/quote]

I can use it with just my data connection.

/me double checks.

Yep. Just fine with 3G.[/quote]

[quote=Quirk][quote=PhaseDMA]And all carriers charge to tether[/quote][quote=Quirk]There are ways around that.[/quote]

[/quote]Right. But out of the box the only way you are going to get free tethering is with a ADP.[/quote]

[quote=Quirk]Also, Phase, I appear to have GPS working on CM7.0.3.1. It didn't want to work right away, but running GPS Status ([/url]https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result[/url]) to download A-GPS data seemed to do the trick.[/quote]

Funny. I couldn't get it to work with 7.0.3.1, however I'm using the latest nightly right now and it works. Now only if I could get 4G to work, which doesn't want to turn on - Even though it was supposed to work in the stable version a couple of releases ago. Oh well. I have not used 4G in a long time - I can wait pretty much forever.[/quote]

Edit: God I hate editing multiple quotes from the same two people. I think I got it, but god is it ugly.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
y0bailey

Post by y0bailey »

See, thing is right now I have the most customizable phone out there, yet I always end up running back to a near stock ROM, with my select root specific apps. The Commando is already rooted, not ROMS made yet, but I don't really care about that anymore. I want to take all the Verizon crap off it, install my select apps, and be done with it. It was fun tinkering on the D1, but I am over it now.

4g is not a good selling point from me, because where I use my phone doesn't have it, and likely won't for awhile. Not to mention I am in a forest/woods about 90% of the time I am not at work (where wifi is available), so I am not sold on the HTC thunderbolt battery hog of a phone (which is the only legit option on Verizon right now).

I am probably going to give it a whirl. I don't need the latest and greatest anymore...which is the complete opposite of me 5 years ago.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I say go for it...get the phone. If not having the latest and greatest things, which in my opinion is overrated, then the phone is perfect. It sounds like you have an actual use for the durability of it too.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

Phase,

I'll have to try Netflix again. I had a shitty 3G connection at the time so maybe that was it.

GPS has stopped working again for me. I was able to get a lock once, but now nothing. I let my phone scan for 12 hours without a lock.

4G works for me, but there is next to no coverage here so I haven't done a lot of testing.
y0bailey

Post by y0bailey »

Waterproof phone = win. That is all.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

My Droid Incredible needs to be in a certain position and leaned up on a book for it to charge so I'm going to bring it by Verizon tomorrow. If they won't give me another Incredible (I love this phone), I'm legitimately thinking about trying out the HTC Trophy (WP7). I have 14 days to try it out. Why not?
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Windows 7 is a shockingly good OS.

That said I really don't think anything can touch a current gen Andy Rubin OS.

I wish I had more to say about WP7, but I only played with it for like 5 minutes - Which based on what I think about it, I think says more good about the OS, then it says bad.

Keep in mind though iOS is a very mature OS (which says more bad then good), Android is a middle aged OS (which says more good then bad), and WP7 is a very young OS (That is having a hard time gaining subscribers - But MS is going to treat this OS like it has more subscribers then anyone I suspect).

Can you see how much it pains me to even hint that WP7 is a decent mobile OS?

Just do everyone a favor and don't get excited by "500 new features in Mango".
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I've been trying to unroot my phone so i can bring it back to Verizon...not going well. Random shit just keeps going wrong so I think I'm just going to bring it in anyway. If they notice and tell me it voids my warranty so they can't fix it, I'll figure something out. I guess I'll end up either going home and trying to unroot it again (blah), or just getting a new phone.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I brought it to Verizon today and told the lady that my phone charges when it wants to. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. Of course, it works at the store. The lady tells me, "maybe you are plugging it in upside down." Seriously?

Anyway, she told me when/if it completely breaks, I'd have to handle it through insurance (which I don't have) because HTC doesn't cover the micro USB charger part. Whatever.