Cell Phone

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Re: Cell Phone

Post by PhaseDMA »

Im running 7RC4. I am havung issues with 4G and GPS.

My GPS is funky. Before it woild be able to get me within a correct radius, but now the radius isnt even in the right town.

As far as 4G i have never been able to get that to work. It refuses to turn on. I dont really care thouvh. U have been using custom Roms with out 4G for such a long time its a non issue.

Although the GPS issue has me at this point annoyed. Im going to try a nightly and if that does not fix it ill go back to the stable version 6 and be happy.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Gah!

I soft bricked my phone trying to go back to CM 6.1.2

I guess you have to wipe the data in order to go backwards, which would have been fine if I knew as much before I soft bricked it and didn't back up :(
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
ryn

Post by ryn »

Don't you know to always nandroid by now?
Was rc4 noticeably better than earlier versions. I'm on rc2 with the savaged Zen kernel, and 4g works fine(kills the battery faster than stock though) and GPS works mostly. It will always locate accurately when standing still, but drops connections when moving.

I'd wait until late may early June to see whats coming from Verizon before you upgrade.
[quote=PhaseDMA]Gah!

I soft bricked my phone trying to go back to CM 6.1.2

I guess you have to wipe the data in order to go backwards, which would have been fine if I knew as much before I soft bricked it and didn't back up :([/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Cyanogen Mod 7 Stable is out.

Maybe this will fix my GPS issue.

Funny. It didn't seem like 4 months from the stable version of 6.x
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Rooted my Incredible today. Everything was super easy.

I installed Cyanogen Mod 7 simply because it was the first one on the list in ROM Manager. I love it, except I absolutely hate everything about People/contact App. I'm going to use this as an excuse to try out more ROM's :D .
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

So it looks like a whole new generation of phones are on the way. The one that caught my eye is the Bionic, however no keyboard. I haven't had much time to look at all the new phones coming, which ones have a keyboard?
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

The Motorola Bionic was cancelled.

It has been replaced with the Samsung Droid Charge.

Keyboard? Well there is always the next Motorola Droid. Rumor is the Droid 3 is coming up in the summer.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I think I'm going to pick up the Droid 3 whenever it comes out.

Back to rooting, I tried 6-8 ROMS and never really liked any of them. They all had one thing I didn't like. I think my dislike for a lot of them comes from being so used to Sense and the widgets they offer. I just couldn't find any legit replacements for the widgets in the market.

I went back to Sense and just took off a lot of the bloatware. Good enough for me.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=PhaseDMA]Maybe this will fix my GPS issue.[/quote]

Did it? Mine appears to still be nonfunctional.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Quirk][quote=PhaseDMA]Maybe this will fix my GPS issue.[/quote]

Did it? Mine appears to still be nonfunctional.[/quote]

Nope.

And this was in the 7.0.2 changelog:

[quote]Supersonic: Actually fix GPS[/quote]

So much for that... Grrr....