New Comedy?

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

New Comedy?

Post by PhaseDMA »

I'm not really the sitcom kind of guy. I mean sure I'll watch a episode here and there, but I don't really sit down and watch them straight. I do however watch a ton of TV shows. Easily pulling off marathons of entire series in what I won't even discuss due to the embarrassed of the speed I go through a good series.

That said after fighting with it I took the plunge and watched, and caught up to The Big Bang Theory.

For crying out loud that show is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

I laughed so much my mom actually thought I had gone insane... Or something...

So any suggestions for a almost as good comedy?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thermite Man

Re: New Comedy?

Post by Thermite Man »

community and how I met your mother are decent.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Matt

Post by Matt »

....the big bang theory got me hooked when I saw the episode involving "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kov2G0GouBw
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_bang_t ... cvzTCkJQjb
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

"Leonard look, Sheldons hugging me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

We don't miss The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Community. But especially Modern Family. Amazing.

Outsourced actually isn't too bad, either, but I wouldn't put it into a league with the above shows.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Ive been known to blow through seasons of sitcoms as well. I think i finally like TBBT just enough to go through a season.... was reluctant at first, but ill give it at least a season.

Is it up and streaming yet?
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

We don't watch many sitcoms either. Our TV shows of choice are House, Dexter, and True Blood (although thats more me, but Brian watches too)...and then I watch Bones as well, but Brian hates it.

I don't watch any of today's sitcoms....but Everybody Loves Raymond was always one of my favorites.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I don't think TBBT is streaming anywhere. I don't see how anyone that is a legit geek could not like this show. Especially in the first season.

As far as Dexter goes.... I down right refuse to watch that show. I don't care if it is the very best show ever to air on TV. The entire concept of the show pisses me off. The only vigilante I like is Batman, and he doesn't go around freaking killing people, and he sure as hell doesn't go around killing people because he gets a adrenalin rush from it.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

[quote=PhaseDMA]As far as Dexter goes.... I down right refuse to watch that show. I don't care if it is the very best show ever to air on TV. The entire concept of the show pisses me off. The only vigilante I like is Batman, and he doesn't go around freaking killing people, and he sure as hell doesn't go around killing people because he gets a adrenalin rush from it.[/quote]

You can not watch it all you want. Leaves more for me. But I have a dark personality, so I think it's one of the best shows out there.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

[quote=askmeques]But I have a dark personality, so I think...[/quote]

oh shut up. this really gets on my nerves, cause thats what EVERY FREAKIN PERSON who watches it says. fucking guh. This is the exact thing that the producers wanted to instill in people. They wanted their characters to relate to lots of people and make those people think that they have the mind of a serial killer. open your eyes. this is marketing. you do not have a dark personality, and most of the other dexter fans who say they do dont either.

fuck.
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.