winRAR question

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

cokalsM

winRAR question

Post by cokalsM »

I received 10 documents from my friend. In gmail, I downloaded all documents at once, so Gmail created a .zip file with all of the documents in them. I opened one of them up and modified it. I kept saving my work using control + s. Word indicated it was saving it (bar at the bottom of the screen does something really fast so I'm not sure exactly what). After I closed the document, winRAR said "Some files extracted from DOCUMENTNAME.zip were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" Having worked on this for about 5 hours and just wanting to go to sleep, I pressed no. I assumed the changes were saved because I kept saving in Word. When I open up the .zip and open the file I modified, the original file opens.

Did I lose everything I did?

I can't find it doing a Windows search for .doc. I'm thinking my only hope is that it's somewhere in the .zip but I'm not optimistic about it.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
askmeques

Re: winRAR question

Post by askmeques »

I would assume it saved temps, but not as the document name. Not sure where it would put them though. You should have done a "Save As" some other name if you were going to make edits.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

dig around in C:\Users\[cokalsm]\AppData\Local\Temp

otherwise, you might find some kind of recovery option within Word.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Wasn't in temp. Word had a recovery feature but it just brought me to the original document.

All is well, though.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]