Home FTP

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

Re: Home FTP

Post by Thermite Man »

Would the contents of the whole computer be available to the VM?
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

What version of windows are you using?

My guess is that your using at least one of the pro versions (aka not Home).... if that's the case, you can actually use the built-in FTP server and/or web server.

Microsoft has been including IIS for a while now with all pro versions of windows... IIS got a bad reputation in the XP pre-SP1 days, but since then, it's only gotten better and better.

If you've got a little time on your hands and are open to dealing with a small learning curve, I would totally recommend enabling it and checking it out.

...and to be honest, this is a great step into the business IT world. Think Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies, etc... even if you dont plan on going that route in life, its excellent knowledge to have. :)
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

I will have to read about it. I am out of town till some time early next week. But I will look it up.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.