Windows issue

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

Windows issue

Post by Thermite Man »

I no longer have access to windows+E to open explorer or windows+R for run...

I dont have a extra keyboard to check it against to see if its a hardware issue but is there any settings that I missed, this just started happening randomly, ran malwarebytes and nothing...
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Quirk

Re: Windows issue

Post by Quirk »

There used to be a keystroke combination that acted the same as the Super key. I wonder what it was and if it still works. I think it was something like CTRL + ALT and then your key. Let me find a Windows machine and I'll try it out.

EDIT: Tried from a coworkers machine and couldn't find a keystroke that worked. Might only be older Windows servers that have that keystroke.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

ctrl+esc opens the start menu, but it can't be combined.

Does the windows key open the start menu?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
ryn

Post by ryn »

Shit, you learn something every day. I knew that windows key was for more then just opening the start menu.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

[quote=ryn]Shit, you learn something every day. I knew that windows key was for more then just opening the start menu.[/quote]

the functionality of the windows key in windows 7 is actually pretty cool.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
Matt

Post by Matt »

Do windows key - tab (like alt-tab, but shift your thumb over one key). Mind. Blown.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

None of this helped me...and I use vista
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Matt]Do windows key - tab (like alt-tab, but shift your thumb over one key). Mind. Blown.[/quote]

That's pure eye candy, and is actually pretty useless to me compared to alt+tab. With alt+tab I feel like I can find things much faster, and they have titles which is more useful then a big picture of 3 screens that are mostly the same exact color.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Matt

Post by Matt »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Matt]Do windows key - tab (like alt-tab, but shift your thumb over one key). Mind. Blown.[/quote]

That's pure eye candy, and is actually pretty useless to me compared to alt+tab. With alt+tab I feel like I can find things much faster, and they have titles which is more useful then a big picture of 3 screens that are mostly the same exact color.[/quote]
Yeah it's useless to me too. But for someone who doesn't know the feature it's really cool.
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Tapping the windows key by itself is supposed to open your start menu. If that doesnt work, I would plug in another keyboard really quick to see if its the key itself.

If the key isnt the problem, it sounds like it could be something really deep in the system, as that's a pretty core-functionality type of thing. Wouldnt even know where to begin to look for a problem like that...
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.