iPhone 4S

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

iPhone 4S

Post by PhaseDMA »

Wow. Apple really doesn't give their customers much credit huh?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
askmeques

Re: iPhone 4S

Post by askmeques »

Do not understand.

I know you are severely anti-apple - but what do you mean?
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

[quote=askmeques]Do not understand.
I know you are severely anti-apple - but what do you mean?[/quote]^
Matt

Post by Matt »

Here is what my friend had to say about it who knows a lot about phones:
[quote]Hardware - I hope they at least put a dual-core 1.5GHz processor and use HSPA 14.4 for data. Androids already have this and 1G RAM, 8 MP cameras with 1080p video...and some have NFC
Voice-recognition - this sounds like a neat feature, hopefully Android will soon follow up with it
Wireless Charging and Fire-proof protection - excellent, nice surprises! Good innovation :)
iCloud - this appears to be similar to what I am already using my gmail account for on Android
Hard drive - No memory cards for expansion?...sigh. Our current data connections are not ready for cloud-type reliability. If you go hiking in rural or mountainous areas, download the maps first ;)[/quote]
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Ya it was kind of hard to follow Kate's post because there is clearly both sarcasm and sincerity.

Making it even more confusing is she posted as if she had posted before the announcement, but she posted quite a bit afterwards.

Anyways. Apple markets their iPhone as revolutionary, but the Samsung Galaxy II beats it in every single way, and the the new Samsung Nexus Prime is still a couple days from being announced.

A dual core A5 with 512 RAM, and a camera that was in the EVO 4G before the iPhone 4 even launched just isn't going to cut it for anyone that isn't blinded by their Apple love. Neither is this Siri BS which is a obvious response to voice commands in Android. And something about notifications... I can't remember where I have seen that before.

It's a huge joke, but hey if you enjoy paying $700 for what should have costed $500 3-5 months ago... Well whatever...

I used to go along with the "ecosystem" excuse. Even as recently as this week. That's not going to cut it anymore either.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

Jason posted a video on G+ about this. I'll pull it up.
[youtube]Gq-e0getf4M[/youtube]
So the software has finally reached where others are at. And the hardware has just reached where others have been. I think I'd rather just wait for iPhone 6.

Somewhat related; what's a good smartphone with a mini-usb port, not a proprietary port? And a headphone jack? I can't figure anyway to look for phones based on these criteria.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

Here's where I see a flaw in your argument, Anth.

Yes, all these features are not NEW to the technology world. They're not doing things that have never been done anywhere.

But you listed about 3 different phones in your post. iPhone is pulling all the newest technologies into one device.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I listed two. The Galaxy II which already destroys the iPhone 4S in all respects, and the Nexus Prime which will take the Galaxy II to the next level.

The mention about the camera sensor in the EVO 4G was just to point out how far behind Apple is. I wouldn't attempt to say the EVO 4G is a better phone then the iPhone 4S. That said I wouldn't rather stick with my EVO for another year then to pay anything more then $90 for the iPhone 4S. Even that seems a bit high when you factor in the customizability of Android ROMs.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=bigcfk]Somewhat related; what's a good smartphone with a mini-usb port, not a proprietary port? And a headphone jack? I can't figure anyway to look for phones based on these criteria.[/quote]

Any Android phone not made by Samsung?
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

I hate Apple and their fanboys

I love Android

I hate all of the current Android phones (maybe not the Nexus S). Essentially any phone Verizon gets, they decimate.

Seriously. With Android, all these manufacturers are doing is throwing fancy hardware out there and nothing is becoming the "baller" phone. Carriers are ruining Android by locking it down and preloading shit software and UIs that you can't remove. At least with Apple everything is standardized. This is why it took off. It's simple and just works for people.

I hope the Nexus Prime changes that. I have a Droid 1 and I like it because it's straight Android and it's hackable. It's also bulky, worn out and a slow piece of shit.