iPhone 4S

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Portfolioso

Re: iPhone 4S

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=askmeques]@Phase - what the hell do you do to use 16gb in a month without tethering? Are you streaming motion pictures on a daily basis?!

I've never used over 1.5 gigs, and Brian of all people has never used over a gig. You guys are crazy.[/quote]

Over 16 gigs! Jeez!

I average about 400-800MB per month, and I'm grandfathered to unlimited. I have a tethering app but I don't use it much.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

[quote=Portfolioso]and I'm grandfathered to unlimited.[/quote]

Same here, and I barely use any either.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Phase, I'm assuming you stream music all day or watch movies on your phone. Actually that's the only way to reach 16 gigs.

I'm expecting the Prime's official announcement to have some catch or letdown to it...something like Samsung decided to throw TouchWiz on it anyway, it is being delayed another 2 months and so ICS will debut on a phone on another carrier, the 4G speeds suck...or something along those lines.

Pessimistic? Yes.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I don't stream anything. I may have been streaming Pandora, but that would have been only for 1 day while mowing my very small lawn.

The best I can guess is there were a lot of CM nightlies that month (which actually could easily be what caused it).

Anyways... You clearly don't know very much about Nexus phones. They are "Google Experience" phones which basically means there is no overlay on top of Android. Also they always launch with the next version of Android. Other Nexus phones eventually (typically very quickly) upgrade, but the newest Nexus phone pilots the new version of Android.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the 4G speeds suck. 4G is what it is. Other then Sprint 4G speeds are not changing anytime soon, and even with Sprint that is quite a bit into the future (2013).

I really think the delay had to do with respect for Steve Jobs, and to give Google a chance to redo what probably would have been pretty anti Apple (as cell phone companies are prone to doing - Showing the faults of the other companies).
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

I understand how the nexus phones work. I was using that as an example.

If Samsung came out and said "well usually its pure android, but we decided to give you a tiny overlap of touch wiz," I wouldn't be surprised at all. The rumors of this phone are too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, its been reported that some 4g phones don't get the same speeds as others...on the same network
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Matt

Post by Matt »

Anthony, what do you have to say about these benchmark results? Looks like the 4S is very comparable to the Galaxy Tablet - and performs much better than the Galaxy phone....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4951/ipho ... han-ipad-2
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I say there are 3 US versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II.

I also say the Galaxy S II can be had for $50 less.

I also say Android is a much superior OS.

I also say their testing the browser, not the hardware.

I also say a lot of these numbers are highly trivial. FPS? Are you kidding me? HD is as low as 50 FPS for 1080i and typically 60 for 720p. Anything above that is trivial. (Thermite - Feel free to chime in if I'm missing something).

I mean I could go on and on with reasons why the Galaxy S II is the superior phone. But I doubt you really want that.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

Wow, I should've stopped in sooner. I missed a cellphone thread.

Everything I would've said, has been said... by Phase.

The iPhone4S is a step up for those that are on the iPhone. Compared to what the Android community has had for the last year, the 4S isn't anything special. My EVO 3D is 1.2ghz (OC'd to 1.6) dual core with a GB of RAM.

The one thing the iPhone line does have over most Android devices is battery life. A big part of that (at least with the iPhone4G) is that they underclock the processor, if they do that with the 4S, what's the point of dual core?
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Phase, what am I worried about?

This:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Are-Andr ... te_id22878
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I wouldn't. It's not like Google has ever lost a patent suit against Android before. Why would they start losing now?

How about this for speculation? Samsung decided they wanted to launch the Nexus Prime at CTIA. Google was then told some time after Samsung made this decision. Google however then thought it would be more logical to announce the device closer to the launch date (which BTW doesn't seem to have ever changed), at a event that not only is very Android friendly (Andy Rubin I believe showed off the prototype Motorola Xoom at this event for the first time), but is probably the largest tech blog conference event of the year, and one of the most respected industry wide - All Things D.

I mean... It's a lot less far fetched then patents all of a sudden scaring Google after being unphased by them for years. What is Apple going to say? "OMG it has no front facing buttons! It's copying us!!!!"? Maybe "The screen is 30% bigger! People are going to get confused!!!"? I mean come on. All of Apple's effective lawsuits against Samsung have been based on design anyways - In other countries....