iPhone 4S

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Re: iPhone 4S

Post by PhaseDMA »

I tend to agree with you Port. This is a large part of why I didn't upgrade my phone 1 year into my contract. Of course the other reason is the HTC EVO 4G is a killer phone that has stood up to the test of time quite possibly better then any other phone out there in the last 2-3 years. If I had to do it all over again I would be really hard pressed to do a better job picking a phone. Really the only knock against the EVO is on Sprint, which is a fairly large stumbling block, but I still think the EVO wins... God I hate the Droid X... More then the iPhone...

God how much I want to switch to Verizon though... But they don't have the best phone... And this 2GB BS cap would kill me. I nearly used 16 GBs of data in June... On a damn phone... On a slow ass network... 16 freaking GBs of data... I use less torrenting on my PC a month!!!!

.... 16 freaking gigabytes of data .... And not a single byte is using tethering ................
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Verizon gives you 5GB a month before you start paying up the ass. At least I do, maybe grandfathered in.

I spoke with a Verizon rep a few months ago about that and he said basically 5GB is more than enough for anyone. He did not seem phased by me telling him that I use between 3-5GB a month and I have to be conscious about it towards the end of the month. Then I made a comment saying something along the lines of; good thing you don't do this for FiOS, when he asked why I told him I use about 1.5TB of transfer a month.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

You are grandfathered.

2 GBs is now $30 a month (maybe it's like $20... not sure now...) and then it goes up from there.
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Wow...that is a racket...
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

@Phase - what the hell do you do to use 16gb in a month without tethering? Are you streaming motion pictures on a daily basis?!

I've never used over 1.5 gigs, and Brian of all people has never used over a gig. You guys are crazy.
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=bigcfk]Somewhat related; what's a good smartphone with a mini-usb port, not a proprietary port? And a headphone jack? I can't figure anyway to look for phones based on these criteria.[/quote]Any Android phone not made by Samsung?[/quote]It's that common? Sweet.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

I'm not doing anything other then using my phone in what I would consider generally speaking a pretty boring way.
askmeques

Post by askmeques »

I spend quite a bit of time on my phone - I really don't understand how you possibly get up to 16 gigs?
Quirk wrote:i suck cocks
Shameless Business Plug
facebookizzle
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Try switching to WiFi when possible. See how much you use then.

I think it's hilarious that people bitched at how the Droid Bionic would be outdated when it was eventually released. Yeah, right.

I'm holding out for the Nexus Prime for now. I'm fully expecting to be let down. No phone has ever been as good as the rumors are. There will be some snag by Verizon or Samsung. Who knows.

However, like I've said before, if Verizon would man up and release a 4G WP7 phone, I'd probably switch over the day it came out. 4G WP7, that's all I ask. I couldn't care less about processor, keyboard, etc. I keep reading about a new phone coming out, only to see that Verizon is not getting it. Makes me think they are "holding out" for the prime. I hope it's as good as they rumored. Which ever one comes first, that's the one I'm getting.

I'm very surprised there is a mostly negative opinion of the iPhone 4S though. I thought people would be salivating over it regardless.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Why buy the knockoff when you can buy the real deal for less?

Android has ran iOS so hard into a corner it isn't even funny. When was the last time iOS had something unique added to it? Siri sure as hell isn't unique no matter how much Apple tries to tell you otherwise. Notifications done in a logical manner isn't unique. Cloud service isn't unique. The design isn't unique. They did fix the antenna that "wasn't broken".... I mean really...

And how can you be worried about the Nexus Prime? It's going to be superior to the Galaxy II, which everyone loves to death.