Any thing iOS 5 can Android 4.0 can do better

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt

Re: Any thing iOS 5 can Android 4.0 can do better

Post by Matt »

Um, where are you seeing those numbers? Cuz this post is the 22657'th post...at least according to my URL
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

[quote=PhaseDMA]I don't hate Apple. I love Android. I love Android more then I love Google.

The reality is every time iOS does something to one up Android, Andy Rubin rolls his eyes and basically says "roll out patch 237 tomorrow instead of next week".

I mean I'm reading this article about a sit down with Matias Duarte (the lead desiger for Danger, webOS, and now Android) and he pretty much is talking about how Honeycomb was a massive stop gap. That's the absurd pace that the Android team is capable of working at - Complete overhauls in mere months. I mean compare that to Ice Cream Sandwich. That took what? 6 months at the pace Rubin and Duarte prefered for something that already had a foundation from Honeycomb where Honeycomb took what? 3 months at breakneck speed?

So what is my point? Apple either is incapable, or refuses to work at the speeds that Android can, and will. I just don't know how you innovate when the competition is already ahead of you, and always working at a faster pace.

Siri is really the only thing that iOS has over Android right now. Here is the problem. Android has been doing voice in one way or the other from the very start. Android works at a faster pace. Android (or rather Google) has much more voice data (because of Google Voice) then Apple. Where do you think the two platforms will be in this regard in 6 months?

You know... I was in Best Buy yesterday looking at tablets. Some random guy started chatting e up. I happened to be wearing my RIT hoodie (this establishes credibility for the guy). He asked me if tablets were like PCs, and I said "kinda" (I mean not really, but I'm pretty sure we were on the same page). And it came to the point where he said "So the iPad is better then Android right?". Ugh.... Now I'm not going to tell some stranger he should buy a Android tablet. I'm also not going to tell some stranger that he should buy a iPad. I'll tell you guys, but that's because I know you guys, but my point is this guy clearly had no clue. He wanted a iPad not because it is or isn't better, but because society (or whatever) had brainwashed him. Sure. Maybe the iPad is the better device for him, but he wasn't about to give Android any real chance to win him over. Could I have given him a better point of view with a hour? Probably, but I had 2 minutes. Basically I told him (as I often say) it's all about ecosystem. Obviously it's a lot more complicated then that, but if I can only drive one point home that's the one I want to stick (more often then not I think that gives iOS the advantage, but I digress).

My point is I would never ever tell anyone they shouldn't buy a iOS device, unless there is some specific reason I think they shouldn't (like my mom who loves to drop her phone). My aunt? She should buy a iPhone.

Anyways.... Calling me a Apple hater is complete bullshit. It implies there are not real, and fair reasons to my distaste for Apple products. And it's not like I'm the only one on this forum with my point of view - I just don't sugar coat anything, and I say most of what I am thinking. That's why you either love me or hate me.[/quote]

Can't agree more with all of your points, especially the 2nd half.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

[quote=askmeques]wait, how is it only the 1000th post when most of us have over 1000/2000 posts each?[/quote]It was the 1,000 post in the General section. lol I was confused too.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

I don't hate Apple.

I disapprove of the way Apple markets their products; and by extension, I hate the people whose brains are too weak to resist it.

I also disapprove of Apple's general software philosophy ("make it proprietary and closed; make it simple and easy but lacking in robustness"). This ties in loosely with their hardware philosophy ("make it shiny and gorgeous to distract consumers from its lack of USB ports and replaceable battery").

I dislike the control Apple has over our media.

Finally, I dislike the people who believe that Apple is some kind of infallible, divine being. These are people who, at the mere mention or implication of Apple's name, feel such a rush of blood to their genitalia that they must defend their Leader at whatever cost.

An example of this: I am a fan of Sennheiser (headphone company) products. However, I acknowledge that they could make better products; while the headphones I have purchased from them have been cheap in price with good audio quality, they have also been cheaply constructed. Thus, I would never defend Sennheiser to someone who said "they make cheap products" but I WOULD defend Sennheiser to someone who claimed "their headphones are expensive and have bad audio quality."

Have you ever noticed that a majority of enthusiastic Apple consumers will either
A) refuse the acknowledge a fault in an Apple product, or
B) acknowledge the fault briefly but end it with a caveat and transition quickly into a discussion about how beautifully their devices synchronize with each other.

anywho that's my "Rant" on Apple.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Ugh, I hate sennheiser. Take something simple and complicate it with German engineering. Shure/ATK/Sony/UE.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Wotcher]Finally, I dislike the people who believe that Apple is some kind of infallible, divine being. These are people who, at the mere mention or implication of Apple's name, feel such a rush of blood to their genitalia that they must defend their Leader at whatever cost.[/quote]

Thermite - If it was anyone else I'm pretty sure I would have to punch them in the face for Wotcher. Instead if I actually cared about audio products I would be curious to hear more. Alas I couldn't care less at this junction lol.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

They make products that work well. I have a hard time believing anything past that. I wont go out of my way to buy it unless it was used and dirt cheep.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

spastic golden toys!

read: "I have no idea what either of you is talking about"