Desktop Shopping

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

PhaseDMA

Re: Desktop Shopping

Post by PhaseDMA »

So I bought this motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131733

I have not received it yet, but I'm glad I bought it because it has integrated graphics - Which means I'll be operational a week sooner (because of finances). However I'm starting to become disappointed that it has no USB 3.0 header. Don't get me wrong - 2 I/O ports on the back should be fine for me into the foreseeable future (if not forever), but having 3.0 ports on the front of the case that are useless will bug me.

So the question is what is the best recourse for getting those operational? I know I can just do a stupid pass-through out the back of the case and into one of the I/O ports, but I'm buying a case with real nice cable management, and I'm going to have wires coming out the back of my case? It just seems very messy and/or ugly to me.

The other choice is buying this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811996037 and connecting it to the cards internal port. Is this the most clean way to go about this or is there a better way I have not thought about? I got this idea from a Newegg video, but it's almost a year old so I want to make sure it is still the best way to deal with the problem.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
y0bailey

Re: Desktop Shopping

Post by y0bailey »

I wouldn't worry about it much. For your thumb drives and other fast devices, just go behind the case and plug them in.

For everything else, USB 2.0 is fine. Your motherboard has several headers on the bottom that you can connect your front panel USB up to. They are USB 2.0, but they will function fine and I doubt you will notice a difference.