K'nex

This forum is for general topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Thermite Man

K'nex

Post by Thermite Man »

I am looking to buy some of these...like a 1000 piece set, however every where I have looked I either cannot find information on it, or I read that there are different sizes for them. This is a bit annoying I would like to just get a box and not have to worry about them not fitting together.

Amazon does not have it, walmart doesn't have info. And no where else can I find something that I would give my credit info to.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Re: K'nex

Post by PhaseDMA »

Wal-Mart has a simple return process. Even when they don't have a simple return process they always take back things when the customer is pissed and prepared to make a scene (Like with scratched off XBox Live cards that don't work ;)).
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

What about trying something like eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1327-PCS-KNEX-S ... 655wt_1270

Or craigslist?

If I could clear out the totes of them we have here, I would make you a deal... but then I would be divorced.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Hahaha, Jenna.

The problem with the walmart option is I dont want to deal with the return if, from what I have seen so far, it is already the wrong thing.

The ebay option seems legit, however everyone is charging $12 for 1000 piece set but charging 45 for shipping. Craigslist people want $60-100 for 1000 piece sets. I might just print my own once my printer gets here. hah.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

knex have always been known for being expensive.
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Can you ask around among friends?

I'm not kidding when I say I have totes full of K'nex in my house. My husband loved them as a kid (and an adult), and has 30 years worth of accumulated sets in his possession.

He would never part with them, but I imagine lots of grown up little boys have them stashed in mom's attic, etc.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

mom's? hell, all my bins are in my office right next to my computer :)
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Jenna]He would never part with them, but I imagine lots of grown up little boys have them stashed in mom's attic, etc.[/quote]

I just recently parted with all of my LEGOs. Hadn't touched them in, easily, 15 years. Gave them to a friend to give to her son for Christmas.
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

[quote=Jenna]… but I imagine lots of grown up little boys have them stashed in mom's attic, etc.[/quote]Haha spot on! I'm a grown up little boy with a huge bin in my mom's basement.
But they're located in NJ, and I believe you're in Cali, Thermite?
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

Brian, you and my husband would be fast friends. He still gets sets for Christmas from time to time. And I'll occasionally come home to a giant K'nex sculpture taking over a room of the house. His K'nex claim to fame is winning some sort of company competition when he was a (sad and sexless) teenager. They sent him a badass robot kit as a prize.

Big, I didn't realize you were in NJ. I grew up in Gloucester County.