New Site, New Forums... But no posts...

The latest news on middle_man!
John

New Site, New Forums... But no posts...

Post by John »

So while we were reinstalling our OS and all that good stuff, we took the opportunity to unroll our new layout for the site, as well as our new domain name! Its a lot simpler, and a lot more to the point.

Sadly though, to make a long story short, one of our backup files failed without telling us. So, we assumed we had everything we needed to restore the forums and then convert to phpBB. Which we did, except for the one crucial table containing the topics. We were left with over 37,000 posts but no topics to contain them. Very sad indeed, but we will move on. At least we were able to restore the member info.

:!: Make sure to update your avatars and signatures.

Anyway, we apologize for the loss, and hope it won't deter you from continuing to enjoy the middle_man community. Please be sure to check out the Off-Topic discussion, http://www.mymiddleman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2.

P.S. - We're still alive.
Fate doesn't hang on a wrong, or right choice.
Fortune depends on the tone, of your voice.
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

you guys dont have a semi older back up with all the posts? just wondering. Also, should I be able to reply to the announcements section? I dont remember be able to in the old forums.

PS.. I like the new layout for the site... simple, pretty, it works.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012
rawr

Post by rawr »

Hm...too bad we lost all the good reference posts that we used to have. Oh well, there's always Google cache. :P

And darn, I thought that you guys had Beta3 already. :P The thing that said "Come back and see what's new" got me all excited. Oh well, the switch to phpbb is pretty nice.

Last thing: You told us to update our avatars but we can't have any.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Blah. It works though. Always nice to start from a clean slate. It does suck that we lost all the refrence posts (again :evil: ).

Oh well if that's what it takes to get phpBB... Then so be it.

And now I have a good reason to find a new avatar.

Just get us that quick reply mod John :)

Now we can't tell people to search... Well until tomorrow anyways.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

[quote=PhaseDMA]Blah. It works though. Always nice to start from a clean slate. It does suck that we lost all the refrence posts (again :evil: ).

Oh well if that's what it takes to get phpBB... Then so be it.

And now I have a good reason to find a new avatar.

Just get us that quick reply mod John :)

Now we can't tell people to search... Well until tomorrow anyways.[/quote]
yeah and it's so terrible that we lost the posts that we link to when people ask for new features or for help without searching.
because maybe this time they actually would search
[/sarcasm]
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
rawr

Post by rawr »

The flood search control slightly annoys me when I have to search something up. But right now, there's nothing to search.
Nappicious

Post by Nappicious »

[quote=rawr]The flood search control slightly annoys me when I have to search something up. But right now, there's nothing to search.[/quote]
Except for new posts...
DoLFaN

Post by DoLFaN »

Yea that sucks that all the "suggested features" posts are gone.

Meh, w/e
http://www.torrentscan.com - search multiple torrent sites
http://www.nsanedown.com - be a pirate....yaharrrr
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

so what do we call the old forums? I mean the old old forums are referred to the green and yellow forums. do we call this last one the blue forums.. cause these new forums are blue too... thats confusing.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012
rawr

Post by rawr »

[quote=J3utton]so what do we call the old forums? I mean the old old forums are referred to the green and yellow forums. do we call this last one the blue forums.. cause these new forums are blue too... thats confusing.[/quote]

I suggested Blue and Gray... :wink: