New Site, New Forums... But no posts...

The latest news on middle_man!
infinitesnowboy

Post by infinitesnowboy »

It's the little icon you see next to the url in the address box. If this doesn't make sense it's because it's coming from someone who is a noob.
I'm smart.
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

IE is pretty bad about displaying them, sometimes you have to bookmark the site (such as google.com). When you click on the bookmark (using IE), beside the url will be a google-style G image.

Firefox always displays them properly...go to google.com and beside the url you'll see the little G...or in the tab, you'll see the favicon. or at jon8rfc.homeip.net it displays a blue J (not the bird, heh) in my favorite font, cooperblack.

If you're curious, use IE, and it's being a PITA, just append favicon.ico to the url... http://jon8rfc.homeip.net/favicon.ico or www.google.com/favicon.ico
In IE, I would save the favicon to my computer, right-click and click on properties on the saved links displayed across the top, and change the icon to the *.ico I saved on my drive, so that it was always displayed. With Firefox, I've had no problem, so my links bar at the top has all the appropriate favicons :D
AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
Jordan K

Post by Jordan K »

Oh, I know what you guys are talking about... I just never knew it had a name :). Why does it always display in Firefox but not IE is there restrictions or does IE just not automaticly load it when the page loads?
Jordan
Goyney

Post by Goyney »

Just do a browser detect on the site and if the browser is IE, display a big message that says GO AWAY NOOB!
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

[quote=Jon8RFC]Firefox always displays them properly...[/quote]

Oh. So middle_man's favicon actually IS the same as Wikipedia's? I would have never guessed.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

[quote=Goyney]Just do a browser detect on the site and if the browser is IE, display a big message that says GO AWAY NOOB![/quote]

Better yet -- There's a code out there that if you're using IE, it will actually deny access and if you're using Firefox, it'll allow access. :-D
Harry

Post by Harry »

I know you guys are probably joking, but I just want to state that this will never happen. It's simply not something you want to do in a business.
Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

[quote=PhaseDMA][quote=Jon8RFC]Firefox always displays them properly...[/quote]

Oh. So middle_man's favicon actually IS the same as Wikipedia's? I would have never guessed.[/quote]
Heh, well that stinks. I've never had a problem, thankfully.
AIM 5.9.6089 || m_m 0.3.0004 || Smilez 3.0 b.15
razor sharp, razor clean
infinitesnowboy

Post by infinitesnowboy »

No way! It's like wikipedia? I alwyas thought it was like photobucket.
I'm smart.
oreo

Post by oreo »

Garnade!!!