Who said the holidays were over?

The latest news on middle_man!
John

Who said the holidays were over?

Post by John »

We're here to give you another present - the next release of beta 3. I know it took a little longer than expected, but good things take time to create. However, you already know that, so I'm going to move on...

This release has a couple of small bug fixes, a new feature addition, and a couple of feature enhancements. I'm sure you all want to know what the feature is, so without further adieu I give you: ALIASES. We chose to bring aliases back as the next feature because of how much it is integrated into every piece of middle_man.

A couple of little facts about middle_man's aliases:
- We alias at the server level, so we have to follow AIM's guidelines when it comes to making screen names. That means that you can only use an alias once. We do aliasing this way so that the alias you pick shows up everywhere in AIM.
- We are not currently pulling the aliases from AIM's friendly names. We plan on doing this in the future so that you can have your middle_man aliases anywhere you go.

Ok, enough about aliases... what else did we do? We added some enhancements to the log viewer; however, it is probably nothing you'll notice unless you're really anal about your log viewer ;) . We've also added some enhancements to the Cloning feature. I know it's not really a feature that needs enhancing, but it was something quick and useful... so we did it. Now, you can clone a specific user instead of just blindly cloning AIM and then typing in the screen name you want. Also, we have added your screen name to the tooltip in the systray. A lot of people get confused of which icon belongs to which screen name... so now you'll know.

As for the bugs we've fixed:
- Profiles should no longer be cut off.
- Searching for profiles now displays correctly.
- Profiles should now allow/display symbols and smileys properly.
- Smileys should now display in IM windows also.
- Escape will close out the log viewer now.

And that's it folks. As always, we'll be working on the next release to bring you another big feature.

We hope that in the meantime you can enjoy this new release!
http://mymiddleman.com/index.php?page=download
Fate doesn't hang on a wrong, or right choice.
Fortune depends on the tone, of your voice.