Direct IM problems

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

kinesis

Direct IM problems

Post by kinesis »

This actually happened in Beta 2 with AIM 5.5.3595 but the bug reappeared again in Beta 3 in a worse condition. In Beta 2, after a set amount of time, usually around 10 minutes, the direct IM connection closed automatically without me even closing the window. Now in Beta 3 the same thing is happening, except it closes much faster. I tried to send an image file 1600x1200 but only the top part of it was sent and my connection was closed even though I didn't do anything. I'm not sure if this has to do with the AIM 100% CPU usage bug that recently appeared all of a sudden (I've been uninstalling/reinstalling AIM and middle_man) but this problem has persisted throughout my entire middle_man experience in the first place. Please help, thanks.

AIM 5.9.6089
Windows XP SP2
No add-ons
Jason

Post by Jason »

This happens sometimes between specific buddies and probably has less to do with Middle_Man and more to do with you and/or your buddy's router dropping the connection (wireless or not), etc. I'd suggest trying AIM without Middle_Man for a while and seeing if the problem persists.
Stability_1

Post by Stability_1 »

this just started happening to me since i had to reinstall middle man and aim, both valid versions. and unmodified