Offline Profile: No Information Provided

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

matrix121391

Offline Profile: No Information Provided

Post by matrix121391 »

For the past two days, I've been having problems viewing my offline buddies' profiles. Normally, when I view these profiles, it'd tell me "Buddy Info for (SN) is not available.
Displaying logged profile from (Date) at (Time)", and below it would be their actual profile. Since yesterday (7/13/07), all I have been getting was "No Information Provided and above that, their online time would read 12 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes. It says that for every single offline buddy i've checked. The timestamp never changes so it stays at 12:3:16 forever. When I IM them, it says that they're offline. The only way I can get the middle_man way of viewing offline profiles is if I block someone, THEN I can see "Buddy Info for (SN) is not available.
Displaying logged profile from (Date) at (Time)". Anyway, I've tried reinstalling everything, but nothing seems to work. I've tried upgrading it to the new middle_man, but it's still the same. I've never had any trouble like this until now, so if anyone can help me, thank you in advance. =]

Windows XP SP2, no mods, aim version 5.9.6089, 0.2.0011 beta of middle man (didn't wanna upgrade)
Jason

Post by Jason »

This actually seems to be related to some server-side changes on AOL's part. I'm having the same issue without Middle_Man installed, except I'm seeing online times of 1 minute.

Twelve days, 3 hours, and 16 minutes is 1048560 seconds, or FFFF0 in hex, which looks more like a combination of flags than an accidental number.

Anyway.. my only guess as to the purpose of the server-side changes would be something to do with offline messaging and/or the fact that profiles are stored server-side now.
matrix121391

Post by matrix121391 »

thank you so much :] By the way, is anyone also having the same problem where you can only see offline profiles by blocking the user? (That's the only loophole I've found. To read offline profiles, I have to block the users, even when they're offline)