Help, AOL will no longer work since AOL upgraded servers

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Jason B

Help, AOL will no longer work since AOL upgraded servers

Post by Jason B »

I've been using aim 5.5.3595 for over 5 years and it's worked great with middle man and the hitory feature.

Today I can no longer sign in and it's forcing me to upgrade, see attachment.
aim.jpg
What do I do? I don't want to lose all my convos, and I want to still use the history feature
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason B<br><b>Winxp<br>AIM: 5.5.3595<br>MM: 0.2.0012 beta 2</b>
Matt

Re: Help, AOL will no longer work since AOL upgraded servers

Post by Matt »

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately middle_man is no longer in development. My only suggestion to you is to manually back up your conversations. I honestly don't remember where the conversations are physically on your drive, but it could be under c:/program files/middle_man/logs (or something similar).

There are a lot of new and better applications you can use to connect to AIM. I highly recommend Pidgin.

Sorry for the bad news...

Matt
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Digsby is also good.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

[quote=Matt]Hi Jason,

Unfortunately middle_man is no longer in development. My only suggestion to you is to manually back up your conversations. I honestly don't remember where the conversations are physically on your drive, but it could be under c:/program files/middle_man/logs (or something similar).

There are a lot of new and better applications you can use to connect to AIM. I highly recommend Pidgin.

Sorry for the bad news...

Matt[/quote]

Ok, I did some experimenting before I saw your reply. As I said, I had aim 5.5 before all this, and then couldn't login to aim. I upgraded to aim 5.9, and it works!!! I installed the latestest middleman from 2007, which has the cool "search" feature, but I can't get it to see my old history folder. I still have the old folder with all the history, but the new version of middle man is only saving new convo's. How do I get it to read my old history from the previous middleman?????
Jason B<br><b>Winxp<br>AIM: 5.5.3595<br>MM: 0.2.0012 beta 2</b>
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Just manually move your old log files into your new log file directory. When you upgraded, the folders most likely got changed
[quote]Plasma: This thread is now about how everyone from England has a melty face
Quirk: I second this motion. All in favor?
cokalsM: Im drunk.
bigcfk: i'm too.
Quirk: The motion has passed. The topic of discussion is now Beanie Babies.[/quote]
^ m_m, summed up.