BETA 3: Buddy list not being updated...

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt

BETA 3: Buddy list not being updated...

Post by Matt »

This is an odd bug. I just woke up and came to my computer. My buddy list has not fully updated with the current people who are online. The reason I know this is because I go to some of them and try to view their profiles and they are not available. Here's the interesting part. My screenname appears to not have any issues whatsoever. I can go away and my name will appear as such on my buddy list. I will come back and go away again and continue to see a response through my name.

In addition -- there are people who are online right now that are neither away nor signed off who had away messages on all night who have come back from away and are currently talking to me. Also, other people are signing on and off. So this bug -- it's only happening to a few people on my list.

After some more researching -- it only appears to happen to a current total of three people on my buddy list (60 are currently signed on). In addition, those three people are the FIRST people in "groups." But it's not always that case. Let me explain. I've got about 10 different groupings on my buddy list. Out of those possible 10 people, I looked at each of their profiles. It appears that for if one of them has signed off or gone away or gone idle, then I will not know about it and if they have signed off, their profile will indicate that they are not available. This has happened to three people in the above groupings.

I don't know how I would be able to replicate it. I didn't do anything special last night -- I just had an away message up.

I have saved my buddy list and cloned AIM and have loaded it onto one of my other screennames "sn2". Comparing the list of people on "sn2" to my previous screenname "sn1", I have gathered that the only difference is that the people who should be offline (the above said three people) are in fact offline. There are no changes whatsoever to any of the folks on my list.

Let me know if I can do anything else -- I will keep my screenname signed on through the day (I won't quit out of AIM and fix this...).