File Transfer Disconnect

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

a2nXp4c

File Transfer Disconnect

Post by a2nXp4c »

I am using AIM 5.9.6089 with middle man 0.3.0003. I am running windows xp service pack 2. I have used reshack to remove the ad in aimres.dll. Whenever I try to send a file to someone it stops and times out after a while. I have tried sending the files with middle man uninstalled and there aren't any timeouts. Is there a quick fix for this? I like middle_man and would like to continue using it.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Is this File Transfer, or Sending a file through a direct connection?
a2nXp4c

Post by a2nXp4c »

This is file transfer.
Stability_1

Post by Stability_1 »

whenever i try to direct connect my buddy is unable to type a message and send it. The Send box is grayed out. and i also dont see a transfer percentage. Same with send file also.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Harry,

I have issues with file transfer most of the time. But I also have a buddy using middle_man beta 3 and we can't direct connect or File transfer. I unloaded middle_man from AIM and she still had middle_man installed, and the transfer worked. So it seems like there's an issue with m_m --> m_m connections
andy

Post by andy »

I also have found that direct connecting with someone who has the same version of aim(5.9.6089) and the latest version of middle man makes it so we cannot direct connect together.