advertisement's in buddy list

Please submit any bugs that you find here. Make sure the bug has not already been submitted by reviewing the 'Known Issues' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

kthxdots

advertisement's in buddy list

Post by kthxdots »

it says download the beta to remove the advertisements from your buddy list and i downloaded the only version availible. id really like to know how to get rid of the profile advertisement.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

The advertisement promoting Middle_man inside your profile? You can turn it off in the Middleman settings. My AIM -> Middleman -->settings (or preferences?). Then select 'no advertisement.'
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

For the 5,000th time: This is why I don't use m_m.

sure you can get rid of it for one screename, but it's not universal for ALL the rest of the screenames on that computer.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

...Eh? You don't use M_M because... you have to uncheck a fucking box for each of your screennames?

=/ Use fewer screennames.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

I have 1....million screen names.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

no but i have at least 50 different people that've used my aim and every one of the has the ad in their profile.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Oh, interesting. I was under the impression somehow that the ad only applied on that computer with M_M, but instead it's "permanent" till they change it manually.
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

[quote=Wotcher]Oh, interesting. I was under the impression somehow that the ad only applied on that computer with M_M, but instead it's "permanent" till they change it manually.[/quote]
No, it only applies on that computer. Your profile is separate on every single computer.
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Well, then, cokals is full of shit I suppose... maybe all his friends use M_M. I dunnoooo

But if you're right, deeesseee, then that means meebo reads your profile off of your computer, cause I just logged off of AIM and then signed onto Meebo, and my profile was the same as AIM's (and I never customized it for meebo)... which uh is impossible because firefox doesn't have the ability to do that, does it? Weird.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

it's been a moment, but AIM uses the profile from the most recent signed location. if you signed onot meebo before completely signing off off AIM, it would keep the actual AIM profile since meebo wouldn't have a profile.

unless meebo grabs the local aim profile, which i just don't think happens, but i guess is possible.

then again, alcohol + jason = possibly incorrect information.