Improve the chat logs (here's how)

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

kryptonite

Improve the chat logs (here's how)

Post by kryptonite »

Here's how I'd improve the chat logs. Hopefully these things are possible.

1) Get rid of the IE-like search box, and move to a Firefox-like search bar. It's easier, IMO, to move to the next result and you can actually scroll up and down without having to close the search box.

2) Trillian has a feature like this one and i'm hoping something can be implemented into Middle_Man. If I search for a word or phrase here, I need to still go through several menus to get to that certain date, then re-search for the term to actually find it in the date's log.

In Trillian, if I search for something, it brings up all the results in a bar on the left, and I can click those results to jump to that word/phrase where it was mentioned.

If you can do these things, it would be beyond awesome.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Edit

dead

amidoingitrite?
Last edited by Thermite Man on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

ha ha... errr... You just tried way to hard Thermite..
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

Huh?

The chat logs are awesome, they just need a little work, if time allows.
y0bailey

Post by y0bailey »

they are referring to the fact that M_m is dead
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

Hmm... I didn't see anything. I have no reason to doubt you, but wouldn't a farewell message be posted if that were the case?

It's possible I missed it though.

Did they just run out of time and interest after college graduation? It seemed like they did have some plans for it (re-adding a bunch of stuff, taking to 1.0 final, etc.)
Siiiiick

Post by Siiiiick »

I was surprised to see a new topic in the suggestion area too. m_m hasn't done anything. i can't remember the last time something happened. i think they kept the forum so we could keep talking to each other.
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

I do remember when we were waiting a long, long time between beta 2 and 3. It was over a year, maybe over two years between the final release of beta 2 and the first release of beta 3.

In my book, just because nothing has been released, doesn't mean the developers (of any product) have forgotten about it and have ceased development of it.

Remember, this product was started as a hobby of a few college students for something to do in their spare time. They have real lives outside this product. They may only put 3 hours a week (Sunday through Saturday) into Middle_Man. Sometimes, they may not work on it at all.

Until an official announcement comes out from Harry or John (or maybe Jenna), then I consider it "not dead".

If it is officially dead, then so be it. But, then I must ask a few questions.

1) Why did the developers not even post so much as a "Thanks for the ride, it's been fun. But unfortunately, our lives have changed in a way that no longer allow us to develop Middle_Man. We do believe in it's purpose, and maybe in the future we'll continue it. But until that day comes, we must go on with our lives. You may continue to download the most recent version at this link. For more information about this software, please visit the forums...Thanks -- Harry and John."

It literally took me about 2 minutes to type that. Another 2-3 minutes and it could be uploaded as simple text to the website.

2) If they wanted to, why not give the code to anyone wanting to continue it. Would anyone here know what to do with it in order to continue the project??
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

/me bangs head against wall

PS I wish I could have Jenna's super powers :(

PPS People beyond the moderators of this forum talk to them ;)
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
kryptonite

Post by kryptonite »

Ok, I believe ya.

Remember when they would get defensive (and rightfully so) when someone would ask about the project's progress?

That's where I was coming from. Never assume it's dead until you hear so. And PhaseDMA, I believe you.

Perhaps I didn't want to at first, considering the last release was just under one year ago, and that's nothing considering what it took between Beta 2 and Beta 3.