IM windows taking focus

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Wa

IM windows taking focus

Post by Wa »

I absolutely despise it when I'm in the middle of typing something like a forum post or a piece of code or a message to another friend and another IM window pops up, cutting off the message and putting half of it in the new window.

Please make an option to make it so the IM windows do NOT take focus and merely stay in the background and flash.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

Second'd
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

requested im sure, I havent use win in about a year but if i recall you can do that int he AIM pref's...
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Wa

Post by Wa »

I'd think that would be in IM/Chat if it were an option and it's not there. I'm pretty sure there isn't one, though. :/
rawr

Post by rawr »

[quote="Thermite Man"]requested im sure, I havent use win in about a year but if i recall you can do that int he AIM pref's...[/quote]

I wish I hadn't used windows in a year. But if I didn't I'd probably wouldn't even be using a computer. :(
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote="Thermite Man"]requested im sure, I havent use win in about a year but if i recall you can do that int he AIM pref's...[/quote]

i thought it was there too... but now i can't find it.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

well i tried to help I totally dont rember anything in AIM been on OSX for over a year now...but I have to switch over to PC for a programming class, oh well.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
greenwizard88

Post by greenwizard88 »

It's there somewhere for XP. There's an option to prevent window focus... I think.
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
Centrino 1.7 Ghz | XP Pro SP2 | LAIM 0.3 | AIM 5.9 w/ m_m b3
Wa

Post by Wa »

Checked through every preference and option and there's nothing of the sort. I use 5.5.3595 and don't intend to upgrade it at all (made a bunch of resource modifications and I don't want to do them again..).

Also I would like this to apply to when someone directly connects with you, as well. For auto direct connecting at least, I don't know what it does when you say "Display an approve dialog"
hannaxbear

Post by hannaxbear »

I don't know why but sometimes IM windows don't take focus.. I didn't make any special setting -- it just doesn't do it. Unfortunately, sometimes it does. =[ Would totally love this feature.