Individual Tab 'X' buttons

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

RiPOFF

Individual Tab 'X' buttons

Post by RiPOFF »

I noticed many chat programs make it so you can have a tiny x for each tab... if u could kindly do that...

RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

wow, that is a horrendous IM window. what client?
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
element

Post by element »

looks like trillian with some sort of skin
Aim 5.5395 M_M 2.0012 Windows Xp SP2
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

I agree, this would be a great feature. To be frank, I used DeadAIM before making the move to Middle_Man. Unfortunately I didn't make the switch sooner... regardless, DeadAIM did have a nice feature of having an individual close ("X") justified to the right (where the menu bar is, all the way to the right). This X would close whichever IM was in focus. Firefox now has the "X" on the tab itself, either way would be GREAT.

Here's a screenshot taken from their site

Styckz

Post by Styckz »

Every time this is suggested I think the normal response is pointing out the fact that they will close with a middle click. Thus making an X purely ascetic. I can understand that is what most people are used to seeing but try out a middle click when you want to close that bad dog. I'm sure that if you get used to doing that you're want/need for an "X" will fade.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote=Styckz]Every time this is suggested I think the normal response is pointing out the fact that they will close with a middle click. Thus making an X purely ascetic. I can understand that is what most people are used to seeing but try out a middle click when you want to close that bad dog. I'm sure that if you get used to doing that you're want/need for an "X" will fade.[/quote]

QFT
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Styckz]Every time this is suggested I think the normal response is pointing out the fact that they will close with a middle click. Thus making an X purely ascetic. I can understand that is what most people are used to seeing but try out a middle click when you want to close that bad dog. I'm sure that if you get used to doing that you're want/need for an "X" will fade.[/quote]

what about the people without a middle mouse button?
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

WHO CAN LIVE WITH OUT A SCROLL WHEEL!??

Then they can buy something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826147003
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

i cant afford that!

<-- starving student

now where's my pipe?
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
deeesseee

Post by deeesseee »

When I'm on my laptop, there's no middle button. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using Logitech's MX Revolution mouse which doesn't use a middle button in the same way. Why not just make it an option?
[quote="Thermite Man"]YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A SIG hahhahahaha!!! noob...[/quote]