Open Links in Users Default Browser

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Crazy

Open Links in Users Default Browser

Post by Crazy »

When I click on a link someone has sent me, it loads up in Internet Explorer when Firefox is my default browser. I'm not positive if this is a middle_man or AIM issue, but if middle_man could override AIM's execution of that stupid feature that'd be awesome.
PhaseDMA

Post by PhaseDMA »

Sounds like your settings are messed up on your end.

AIM launches Firefox just fine for me.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
My MPG sucks cause' I remote start all the time - And than drive 2 miles to work
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

it's always opened in my default browser as well.
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

check your Program Access and Defaults. if it's not at the top of your All Programs list (in the start menu), it should be on the left side of the Add/Remove Programs
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

I'm on Vista. 32-bit, home edition but, really I don't get the problem. I manually set Firefox as the default browser but it just doesn't listen.