quick log tip maybe...?

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

relworP

quick log tip maybe...?

Post by relworP »

How about logging when people go invisible. Or maybe another section on your buddylist that moves people into that section when they are invisible... so they arent invisible to me anymore and I know they are on. That would be sick.
Quirk

Re: quick log tip maybe...?

Post by Quirk »

[quote=relworP]How about logging when people go invisible. Or maybe another section on your buddylist that moves people into that section when they are invisible... so they arent invisible to me anymore and I know they are on. That would be sick.[/quote]

deja vu.

i know this has come up, but that was on the old forums and i don't remember, exactly, why a feature like this was denied.

i'm pretty sure it had to do with recognizing when someone goes invisible vs when they just sign off.
relworP

Post by relworP »

well, it doesnt seem to hard... if I was a coder that is...

Just have it autocheck everyones profile(secretly... i dont want like 6 profiles popping up on my screen lol) after each signoff and if it sees one then itll switch it over?
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

then you run into privacy concerns. i'm almost positive this idea was shot down, i just don't have access to when it happened.

i'm not saying it's a bad idea, or that it would be hard to implement... just that it's been discussed.
Jason

Post by Jason »

[quote=relworP]well, it doesnt seem to hard... if I was a coder that is...

Just have it autocheck everyones profile(secretly... i dont want like 6 profiles popping up on my screen lol) after each signoff and if it sees one then itll switch it over?[/quote]

This doesn't work anymore. Look at the profile of an offline buddy and it will show an online time of 1 minute (unless you have middle_man installed, then it shows some odd number).
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

Do the AIM servers have rate limiting on pulling up profiles? That would be another thing to get around.
relworP

Post by relworP »

#1 I think that calls for a new Topic

#2 I'm pretty sure this has already been mentioned and I think it was turned down for some reason, not sure but yeah
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=relworP]#1 I think that calls for a new Topic

#2 I'm pretty sure this has already been mentioned and I think it was turned down for some reason, not sure but yeah[/quote]

we hate new topics around here, and we LOVE going off topic.