Log Viewer/ Logging Suggestions

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

hannaxbear

Post by hannaxbear »

Another thing that should be added --

In the search function, we should be able to choose which buddy's logs we want to search. That would help narrow down the search.
pacohaas

Post by pacohaas »

Convert V2 logs to V3:
I made a batch file that seems to work for the most part, it gave me one error when I dragged all my folders, but when I did sections of it at a time(~20 screennames or so) it seemed to work great and now all my folders are converted to the new style:

copy the following into a .bat file:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
:Loop
IF %1=="" GOTO Continue
cd %1
cd ..
mkdir MM_temp
move "%~n1" MM_temp
ren "MM_temp\%~n1" IMs
ren MM_temp "%~n1"
SHIFT
GOTO Loop
:Continue
Note that I started this when I had already began the moving process so you have to move the <yourscreenname> folder up out of the \Instant Messages\ folder first.
Step two is to go into the <yourscreenname> folders and drag the <buddysn> folders onto this batch file
Step 3: there is no step 3.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=pacohaas]Convert V2 logs to V3:
I made a batch file that seems to work for the most part, it gave me one error when I dragged all my folders, but when I did sections of it at a time(~20 screennames or so) it seemed to work great and now all my folders are converted to the new style:

copy the following into a .bat file:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
:Loop
IF %1=="" GOTO Continue
cd %1
cd ..
mkdir MM_temp
move "%~n1" MM_temp
ren "MM_temp\%~n1" IMs
ren MM_temp "%~n1"
SHIFT
GOTO Loop
:Continue
Note that I started this when I had already began the moving process so you have to move the <yourscreenname> folder up out of the \Instant Messages\ folder first.
Step two is to go into the <yourscreenname> folders and drag the <buddysn> folders onto this batch file
Step 3: there is no step 3.[/quote]step three is profit.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote=Quirk]step three is profit.[/quote]

"???"
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

[quote="The Underpants Gnomes"]step 1: steal underpants
step 2: ??????
step 3: profit[/quote]
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.