Log Viewer/ Logging Suggestions

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Portfolioso

Log Viewer/ Logging Suggestions

Post by Portfolioso »

-Display the events by most recent first: If you have 3 months of events, you'll have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see what your buddy did today.

-Find in Explorer: Find the Log files/director in Windows Explorer. Right now, you can only do this with logged files. It would be neat to have a submenu when you right click logs, profiles etc.

Logging
-Option to delete all profiles, all events or all IM logs
-Selective Buddy Logging
-Log idle times

Some of these have been brought up and some are being worked on for the future, no promises.
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

Didn't feel like creating a new thread. So I'm going to put it here. Im not sure, maybe Im just retarded and am doing something wrong, but I can't get the new log viewer to recognize the old Beta 2 Log Files, they don't show up when I have it pointed to that directory. Am I doing somehting wrong, or is this not a functionality of Beta 3. If thats the case, and this isn't a functionality, is there any possibility that we can get this in a future release. Im a big supporter of backwards-compatibility.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Beta 2: <logdir>\Instant Messages\yourscreenname\buddysn\yyyy-mm-dd.html

Beta 3: <logdir>\yourscreenname\buddysn\IMs\yyy-mm-dd.html

What you need to do is move all of your folders up one level (out of the Instant Messages folder). Then you have to go into every one of your buddy's folders and move all the .html files into an IMs folder.

I did this because i wanted to use my existing logs in the awesome log viewer
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

hoping flash renamer will do this

EDIT: I love Flash Renamer. By far one of the handiest programs ever written for mass editing of file names or folder hierarchy.
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

flash renamer, huh?
i love BRU Bulk Rename Utility. i'll have to try out Flash Renamer. you should try out BRU
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

[quote=RedXIII]flash renamer, huh?
i love BRU Bulk Rename Utility. i'll have to try out Flash Renamer. you should try out BRU[/quote]

Looked at a few screen shots of it... Looks interesting, next time I have a project the requires this kinda thing Ill give it a shot. (I actually wasn't aware there were other programs out there other then flash renamer :-/ (... and I call myself computer savy... for shame))
greenwizard88

Post by greenwizard88 »

They both look too confusing.. Does anyone have any simpler methods?
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
Centrino 1.7 Ghz | XP Pro SP2 | LAIM 0.3 | AIM 5.9 w/ m_m b3
hannaxbear

Post by hannaxbear »

These are all great suggestions. Another thing: When I go to my log viewer and want to click on an SN or anything with a plus-sign next to it (branches out), I'd like to be able to click on the actual word instead of only the plus sign in order to expand it.
javroch

Post by javroch »

also doesn't seem to log IMs for linked screen names
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

I could have sworn it logged linked screennames