New Suggestions

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

ss2miraitrunks

New Suggestions

Post by ss2miraitrunks »

1.Profile Hits
- See who views your profile
- How much times they view your profile

I hope that this one can be done XD

1.Log Manager
- Make it so that it shows the time of when IM's are sent and received
Styckz

Post by Styckz »

To the Log Manager suggestion I'm just going to quote a post from this thread:

[quote=Portfolioso]Your logs are time stamped, they're just commented out. In the log viewer, press f2 to see them. If you do not want the timestamp to be commented out, then in AIM preferences, find the option to always show the timestamp.[/quote]

As for your profile suggestion.. the only kind of Identifying mark that they would put on someone viewing your profile would maybe be an IP and thats if they connect to you directly for your profile information.. which I don't believe they do.. I believe it all goes though the AIM servers.. so its just requests from the AIM server for your profile if it doesn't store it. So I don't believe there would be anyway to track who viewed it because you wouldn't be able to turn IPs into S/Ns unless you direct connected with everyone all the time. (so you could get their IPs)
John

Post by John »

I'm going to further on Styckz reply and say that altho it would be amazing, logging who views your profile is simply not supported in the protocol, and there's no way to get any identifying information from someone viewing your profile unless they click some sort of link (like IMChaos sub-profile links)

But in that case, you just get a list of people who clicked your link, not viewed your profile.
Fate doesn't hang on a wrong, or right choice.
Fortune depends on the tone, of your voice.