Option to Remove 'Warning: Links may contain viruses or t...

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

zaezrng

Option to Remove 'Warning: Links may contain viruses or t...

Post by zaezrng »

Ive been using aim 5.5 with beta 2 and I just upgraded to 5.9 and beta 3 yesterday. One big annoyance is when you view buddy infos there is that

"Warning: Links may contain viruses or trojans. Security Central (button)"

That makes the buddy info window large and you cant resize it smaller either. I know you can remove it using resource hacker and changing the aimres.dll, I tried it and aim didnt start back up, Im guessing that is because of the mm plug in. Anyway I would really like it if this option was available.

Thanks.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Maybe you did something wrong? Because I removed that in my AimRes and it works fine with middle_man.

It would be nice if you could manually customize parts of the AimRes from middle_man, but it would be a lot of work and I'm not sure how easy it is for the developers.
zaezrng

Post by zaezrng »

ohh, ok i tried it again and got it to work. But the thing is, it sucks how i still cant resize the buddy info window to make it smaller. it isnt the same size as it is in 5.5
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

get rid of those buttons and such

i used to have my profile window real small
zaezrng

Post by zaezrng »

How do I remove the "Directory Info" button? I have the program Resource Hacker.
bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

get rid of the images