Sign on Invisible

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

cokalsM

Sign on Invisible

Post by cokalsM »

Make it possible to sign on invisible. You can then sign off and nobody will ever know you were on.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

suggested a while back on...not the green site nad no this one...but scense we lsot everything its valid.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote="Thermite Man"]suggested a while back on...not the green site nad no this one...but scense we lsot everything its valid.[/quote]

i'm not normally a grammer/spelling nazi... but woah.

anyway, i remember it being shot down because it was thought to be impossible. it was suggested that the only way it could be done was by signing on and THEN ghosting. i don't think that's the case anymore because i've seen a few clients with that option.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Nope it's possible to sign on invisible, away etc. It all deals with which packets get sent during the logon process.

Rumor has it that they are interested in some kind of sign on options. It will not be implemented until much later on when most of the core features are added (aliasing, per buddy settings, commands, etc) So don't expect it anytime soon.
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

[quote=Portfolioso]Nope it's possible to sign on invisible, away etc. It all deals with which packets get sent during the logon process.

Rumor has it that they are interested in some kind of sign on options. It will not be implemented until much later on when most of the core features are added (aliasing, per buddy settings, commands, etc) So don't expect it anytime soon.[/quote]

this isn't exactly true. while it is true that its impossible to sign on AS invisible, it is possible to have the option to. M:M does it. it just sends the request immediately, so that the server doesn't even have time to show the user as online

[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

[quote=RedXIII]this isn't exactly true. while it is true that its impossible to sign on AS invisible, it is possible to have the option to. M:M does it.[/quote]

Don't confuse people. :P Just because there is no implementation for it in the OSCAR protocol, does not mean that it is impossible. m:m and terraim support it. From looking at TerraIM's source code, it simply sends the request to become invisible during the logon process.

All that matters is that you can sign on without anyone noticing. It won't sign on then become invisible.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

[quote=Quirk][quote="Thermite Man"]suggested a while back on...not the green site nad no this one...but scense we lsot everything its valid.[/quote]

anyway, i remember it being shot down because it was thought to be impossible. it was suggested that the only way it could be done was by signing on and THEN ghosting. i don't think that's the case anymore because i've seen a few clients with that option.[/quote]

it was lateish and i was typing with one finger...but my point got across.
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

"hey i'm gonna sign onto an internet communication client invisibly so that i don't have to... communicate with anyone. intuitive!"
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote="Thermite Man"][quote=Quirk][quote="Thermite Man"]suggested a while back on...not the green site nad no this one...but scense we lsot everything its valid.[/quote]

anyway, i remember it being shot down because it was thought to be impossible. it was suggested that the only way it could be done was by signing on and THEN ghosting. i don't think that's the case anymore because i've seen a few clients with that option.[/quote]

it was lateish and i was typing with one finger...but my point got across.[/quote]

damn... i had my money on drunk... better luck next time i guess.
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

[quote=Wotcher]"hey i'm gonna sign onto an internet communication client invisibly so that i don't have to... communicate with anyone. intuitive!"[/quote]

i completely agree, same with using "ghosting" at all
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.