Sign on Invisible

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

bigcfk

Post by bigcfk »

its like, when you dont want to be bothered by people, and you still want to be able to see if one person in particular is online

...but thats what an away message is for...

i dont get it
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

Because ever since AIM introduced talking while away, people generally ignore away messages. Or people put up away messages to avoid certain people. I had a friend who was obsessed with being invisible when it came out on 5.5 and I was like what's the point of being on because he would literally remain invisible the entire time.

Then you get the people that pounce on you right as you sign on. Signing on invisible lets you check to see who's around first and if you really want to sign on or not.

Its just a matter of preferences or convenience.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote=Portfolioso]Its just a matter of preferences or convenience.[/quote]

This is why AOL has provided us with a generous "block" feature.

And uhhhh... I don't actually know anyone faggy enough to pounce me right when I sign on. Guess you guys just suck at friends. =]
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

[quote=Wotcher][quote=Portfolioso]Its just a matter of preferences or convenience.[/quote]

And uhhhh... I don't actually know anyone faggy enough to pounce me right when I sign on. Guess you guys just suck at friends. =][/quote]

pouncing, in nature, happens right when someone signs on.
J3utton

Post by J3utton »

this argument is pointless.... I see no reason for this not to be implemented. Im not saying Ill use it often, if at all. Im just saying people have made plausible reasons for having it, and some people actually want it. That plus the fact that its a small enough feature that it wont add 'bloat' to the program, then why not.

I just want to make sure that its at the bottom of the agenda list. I want my alias's and /commands and tabbed windows before anything else.
Windows XP :: Aim 5.2.3292 :: M_M 0.2.0012
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

[quote=Quirk][quote=Wotcher][quote=Portfolioso]Then you get the people that pounce on you right as you sign on. Signing on invisible lets you check to see who's around first and if you really want to sign on or not. [/quote]

And uhhhh... I don't actually know anyone faggy enough to pounce me right when I sign on. Guess you guys just suck at friends. =][/quote]

pouncing, in nature, happens right when someone signs on.[/quote]

oooohh He meant the actual automatic pounce feature. Thought he was just using a clever adjective for "annoy the fuck out of you".
Portfolioso

Post by Portfolioso »

I was.. I have people that have no lives and IM me right as I sign on.

But that's not important right now. I think this topic served its purpose :P
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

[quote=Quirk][quote=Wotcher][quote=Portfolioso]Its just a matter of preferences or convenience.[/quote]

pouncing, in nature, happens right when someone signs on.[/quote]

i have never seen "someone" in nature "sign on"
i need to watch more of the discovery channel or something
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
Wotcher

Post by Wotcher »

This thread is full of confuuuuuuusion.

By "in nature", I thought he meant that the nature of the function was to do it exactly immediately.
Thermite Man

Post by Thermite Man »

Well port said that this topic has served its purpose.

Now to do what we do the best here, moving off topic.

Anyone know why i cant enter my 15 digit pass number on MyCokeRewards, i got it off a Coca cola cherry bottle...any one done this before?
Never forget 10/23, OiNK OiNK
cokalsM wrote: If I don’t build the sand castles, the bitches won’t come. It’s not one or the other.
askmeques wrote:thermite is just a walking sellout.
bigcfk wrote:I'm down to get shitfaced either way.