B-List

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

Teknique

B-List

Post by Teknique »

I think this may be more than middle man can do and it may just be a skin idea, but I'd like the option to condense my buddy list into like a small bar almost. It would have a "send message" button where when u clicked it a drop menu type thing would come up with screen names on it, another similar button for away messages, and then for whatever else. Again, I think this is probably beyond the capabilities of middle man, but I'd like to have it.
nicolex

Post by nicolex »

kind of like some music players do?
i like this one.
Teknique

Post by Teknique »

yep, exactly.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I think this may actually be possible via reshack and the Buddy List XML data.

*goes to work*
cokalsM

Post by cokalsM »

Yea I really like this idea.

At first I thought oh well I have like 100 buddies on at a time sometimes and it would be hard to find them but then I thoguht you could just have it arranged in alphabetical order or something.

Good idea.
[quote=plasma2002 post_id=27745]My Beerizza store is no bar. You walk in, hand over your $25, get handed a case and a pie. Then you leave. You want soda? What part of Beer&Pizza only dont you get? You want cheese sticks? Who the f... Get the fuck out of here.[/quote]
Teknique

Post by Teknique »

[quote="just dnL"]I think this may actually be possible via reshack and the Buddy List XML data.

*goes to work*[/quote]

Lemme know if you get it.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I managed to get rid of the bottom drawer buttons entirely, move the open/close arrow to the top of the list, and remove the Info and Chat buttons, leaving IM, Away, and Setup as slim bars at the bottom. The arrow at the top now expands/contracts the entire Buddy List.

The problem? It doesn't roll up automatically:

Plus it's ugly anyway.

An interesting side note: before attempting any of this I proceeded to use the source for an empty OCM to create a simple add-on to load the 323 and 324 XML from a text file (rather than aimres.dll). Why? Every time the Buddy List is closed and re-opened, the XML is re-loaded, and the text files can be edited while AIM is open, making it unnecessary to restart AIM countless times to try different values. This comes especially in handy when one has no idea the various values seen in AIM's XML =]
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

nice loading technique.
perhaps some other developer should have gone that route ;)
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.