Pre-message notification

Suggest any new ideas you have for a feature here. Please make sure your idea for a feature has not already been suggested by checking the 'Already Suggested Features' forum above.

Moderator: Moderators

hmphargh

Pre-message notification

Post by hmphargh »

This is a feature that is available as an add-on in GAIM, and I think it is a really cool one. Basically whenever someone starts typing a message, and you are not talking to them a window pops up saying the force is strong with this one, or something equally corny. I like it because it gives me notification that I will be receiving a message in a moment. Maybe everyone else thinks it is annoying, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else thought it was cool. P.S. sorry if it has been suggested already, I didn't see it when I looked for it.
bosox284

Post by bosox284 »

That actually sounds like a cool feature, although it may get annoying sometimes.
Quirk

Post by Quirk »

it's been awhile... but my understanding of the typing indicator is that a message had to have been initiated first before the idea is feasible.

that might not be true anymore, like i said, it's been awhile.

if possible, i'm all for that feature.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Sounds good to me...
21:01:17 <+PhaseDMA> ?ban god
21:01:17 <@SchwippyBot> ***BANNING: god***
21:01:19 -!- mode/#the-schwippy-tree [+b *!*@*] by SchwippyBot
hmphargh

Post by hmphargh »

Quirk: it is currently implemented in GAIM. I know they do things a bit differently, but it would seem to me that it is possible at least?