My AIM refuses to connect!

Discuss anything related to middle_man in here. Questions, comments and feedback are welcomed. Please search before you post.

Moderator: Moderators

aazxdc

My AIM refuses to connect!

Post by aazxdc »

I updated my AIM from 5.5 to 5.9 and what happens is that it stalls at the connecting stage then tells me "The AIM service is unable to be reached" Anybody know what's going on?
Jason

Post by Jason »

On the Sign On window, click the Setup button. In the window that opens, click the Connection button. There, click Reset, click OK, and click OK again.
aazxdc

Post by aazxdc »

Wow! Thanks
mckenzie52

Post by mckenzie52 »

I did the same but no success, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and I get the same message
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

are you connecting on a work or other pc that might have blocked the connection ports?
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.
mckenzie52

Post by mckenzie52 »

Nope just a regular home connection
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

you may want to check your router settings. there may be ports blocked or something?
i really dont know
[quote=bigcfk]I can't remember the question exactly, but the answer was C.[/quote]

By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of J Dubb and subsidiaries.